New Anker Powerwave Evo pad waiting to clear FCC

Anker just had a new item waiting to clear FCC, it’s the powerwave Evo pad. It can output 5/ 7.5/ and 10w depending on your devices need. Let us know in the comments your thoughts about this and how it compares to Ankers current wireless chargers

Here is the user manualmanual

5 Likes

I guess you pass most of your time searching through FCC listings, right? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It looks like a black version of the PowerWave 7.5 Pad same vents on the underside. From the name, though, we can infer that it’s an evolution of the 7.5, but how could they make it better?

4 Likes

Good find.

Do these pads actually get hot enough to require a fan?

It’s more of a safety feature as it helps keep your phone cool so it doesn’t overheat while fast charging.

Maybe, my issue is I want the pad next to me when I sleep. I don’t a small fan buzzing in my ear.

The fan on mine is barely noticeable, in fa t I dont think I have heard it all but once when I came inside from the pool and my phone was wiked hot

1 Like

There must be some difference between the PowerPad 7. 5 and this PowerPad or they wouldn’t have changed the model name and waited to pass fcc.

It’s nice to see that Anker has not begun to rest on their laurels. I think the PowerPad 7.5 was near perfect but it never hurts to improve on your previous designs.

The only difference I can see is that the new pad is 16grams lighter.

4 Likes

I have the white version and agree. The fan is quiet, yet keeps the phone cool. I’d like this in Black though, as white doesn’t stay ‘white’.

1 Like

No actually you can subscribe to FCC. I got the email.

A new FCC ID application has been submitted by Anker Innovations Limited for New Equipment.
See FCC ID 2AOKB-A2515
Equipment Authorized: PowerWave Evo Pad

1 Like

Ah, that explains quite a lot! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

If it’s anything like the PowerWave 7.5 Pad, and we have every reason to believe it is, you most likely won’t hear anything. I have to get real close - like, almost touching my ear to it - to hear a low buzz. My pad is in my nightstand, never bothered me.

2 Likes

The powerwave stand has also made its appearance on FCC

3 Likes

Me neither, I want a big fan! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well I for one am not a fan of loud fans large or small​:joy::joy:

Well you put it under a blanket to block the noise :slight_smile:

Sounds reasonable :man_facepalming::joy:

Overall, 6 different models of a very similar charger… There seem to be minor discrepancies in size and weight, in addition to a couple of design tweaks. Here’s a comparison based on the FCC filings, which aren’t always accurate:

PowerWave 7.5 Pad (White)
Size: 110 * 110 * 18 mm
Weight: 115g
PowerWave Evo Pad
Size: 110 * 110 * 18 mm
Weight: 99g
PowerWave 7.5 Pad (Black)
Size: 110 * 110 * 12 mm
Weight: 95g

PowerWave 7.5 Stand (White)
Size: 82 * 68 * 118 mm
Weight: 142g
PowerWave Evo Stand
Size: 82 * 68 * 118 mm
Weight: 127g
PowerWave 7.5 Stand (Black)
Size: 78 * 65 * 119 mm
Weight: 140g

My initial reaction is far too many variations of virtually the same thing. Very confusing for consumers. Pick one and stick with it for awhile, Anker!

1 Like

The PowerWave 7.5 is one of the better Fast Wireless chargers out there. They should have released the white and black versions together.

Personally, I prefer the 7.5 Stand (Black) while on my desk. But what is the difference between Evo and 7.5? Is Evo regular charging speed?

For those wondering, the Evo series seems to be yet another Walmart exclusive… :rolling_eyes: This explains why there don’t seem to be many differences between other PowerWaves.