Nebula Capsule 2 printed stand for ceiling projection

This is great. I’ve seen some good 3D printed designs from members here. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

That is really cool. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thats so cool! so many cool 3D printer ideas out here yall could start your own business

1 Like

This is awesome! I’d love to see more 3D printed items for Anker products from community members.

2 Likes

i wish i had a 3D printer to contribute

2 Likes

Hopefully I’ll be getting one sometime this year. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I dont know what type or model to get I need to do more research before i buy

2 Likes

There are some forumners, who have quite a lot experience with those.
You might ask them, much better than to believe in reviews,

3 Likes

Thanks so much for all the awesome comments!

The 3D printer that I’m using is the Ultimaker 2 which I really enjoy and strongly recommend. I’ve also just ordered the Original Prusa I3 MK3S, which I should receive in a few weeks. If people are interested, I can report back in a month or two with my impressions of the Prusa.

1 Like

Super cool project (pun intended)!

I don’t think anker usually does this…

1 Like

I made this available under the Creative Commons Attribution license, anyone can do whatever they want with it as long as some kind of credit is provided.

1 Like

Awesome! thanks for sharing!

Thats awesome!

Excellent project and item @Geert_Bevin thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

I do a lot of 3D printing… My opinion: On a budget, get a Original Prusa i3 MK3S and assemble it yourself, $750. Or assembled and full warranty, a kilobuck.

If you can pony up a bit more, a Lulzbot Mini 2 is an excellent choice, $1500.

However, both of these are serious 3D printers. Best if you have an engineering background or are a tech fiddler, in general actually with 3D printers. The state of the industry right now is not turnkey by any measure, but requires a lot of technical adjustment, fiddling, mechanical tasks (changing a nozzle is not simply unscrewing it), etc.

There are much cheaper printers, down as low as $150. Get one of those, and you get the results you pay for.

Finally, if you get serious about this, the Prusa has an accessory to automatically manage 5 different materials and automatically switch filaments during the print. This makes multi-material prints possible, here’s a picture of one from the Prusa site: https://www.prusa3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/MMU-404.00_00_50_07.png

1 Like

Nice work! I love this idea. I think (based on a survey Anker did a few months ago) that they are making a clock/charger/speaker/ceiling projector. In the meantime, this is a sweet alternative. I have a moto z2 force with the instashare projector that works well for this too.

Thanks for sharing the design files on thingiverse! I’m into 3d printing too. I have a lulzbot mini and a lulzbot taz 6 at work. Im thinking about getting a taz 6 for home too :slight_smile:

Taz 6 is a VERY nice machine! Get the dual extrusion head if you’re going to pony up the big bucks for a Taz.

thanks for the advice ill look into both thank you so much

that’s very cool!

What material did you print it on? I’m looking at the options to have it printed from thingiverse and with so many materials and options I don’t really know where to start. I’m pretty excited though since this would fit nicely in the case I made for my projector and fill the need I have for floor based projection that the kids won’t tip over.