My Soundcore Spirit X review

The cord from ear to ear is very lengthy at 22 inches, that’s why it’s great that they included the pass through puck and clip to help control it. I actually like the length because I can have one on my right ear and put the other side in my shirt pocket and move about without it pulling out.

@Nhi you can easily pull it slightly out of your ear and still hear it. I actually have to do this when I’m at work because I have to be aware of my surroundings. They still sound great, but I’m deaf so i always want louder haha.

Great job Rob :thumbsup:

I’ve just got mine too so will be testing them out this week :grin:

1 Like

Excellent review and pics @elmo41683 :ok_hand:

1 Like

Excellent review @elmo41683! And nice pics, too!

I’m meaning to replace my running earbuds for a while, and those would be great. I hope I win a pair on the giveaway because, alas, it’s not on sale on Canada yet…

Great review and nice pics @elmo41683 :clap:t2:

Do you think the standard blue and white box implies a “cheaper” product?
I actually quite liked when they started to slightly emboss the boxes, as to me that gave them a more premium look. (Like the box the Powerline+ || cable came in.)

I associate the blue and white with Anker, where as the Zolo brand was white and yellow. I was able to distinguish the difference between the two, and now soundcore merged with zolo I just wish they kept the colors.

I’m in agreement with you I think the different colour boxes were/are a good idea. Although I’d love to see more of the embossed packages also being implemented. :+1:t2:

excellent review @elmo41683

1 Like

So when I initially used these for the first week I basically set it and forget it, without really using the controls much. But after using them the past two nights at work and having to constantly use the controls to pause/play or adjust volume and even change songs…I am rather disapointed.
The buttons are layed out in a way that it’s easy to feel for the buttons you want, but if your looking to just grab and press the right button it is a bit harder to do as they are practically all the same level. On my soundbuds surge the center play/pause button is raised above the others so it’s easy to grab and press what you want, but on these I actually have to feel for the right button. If you have gloves on, it makes it that much harder to press correctly, last night at work was the worst for me as I constantly raised the volume instead of pausing the music.

I’ve noticed that. There is hardly any gap between them either so it feels like 1 long button at times. Will be adding it to the review.

1 Like

Great review I would love to get my mits on a set of these. Hopefully they make an appearance in the power draw soon.

Update: after using these consistently every night while at work I am happy to report that these have gotten even louder. The more they get broken in the louder they have gotten and the bass response is even better than before. I am actually amazed at how well these sound now, I am also happy to say that these have now replaced my Zolo Liberty+. The sound, coupled with the distance I can use them and I don’t have to worry about one falling out my ear makes this a no brainer choice. This is now my highly recommended earphone of choice for anyone looking to get a new pair.

3 Likes

I wonder if the other spirit earphones are the same and just need to be “broken in”. While I thought the sound quality was good, a lil more bass would be nice :slight_smile:

I haven’t tried the zolo liberty+ but at almost half the price it sounds like the spirit x / spirit earphones are great value for money.

1 Like

It wouldn’t surprise me I’ll f they did produce more warmer notes once they are broken in more. Generally I run my headphones through JLabs headphone breaking tracks to loosen them up and to help them sound better, but I wanted an unadulterated test and feel for these. But I am happy at how well they sound now over when I first got them

From what I have read from some other audio sources I was convinced speaker and headphone break in was unnecessary but you have inspired me to give it a go. As you have provided a continued wealth of knowledge
I have full faith in your experience and suggestions. Thanks for the tip.

My spirit x wires got little scratches because of my long nails. The other scratch has a super tiny bit deeper not sure if it made a super tiny hole. How durable is the spirit x wires. Does yous have scratches too? Still safe for sweat after? Or even if submerged?

I kinda sorta lost mine, my wife says there in my car somewhere… That’s a lit so I dunno.

But, I never had any issues with my wire and it’s been pulled and tugged and mangled in my bag and while working in the car

Mine got scratches like this. Is this a cause of concern. Water might come in

I would take a clearer picture and message support@anker.com and ask then, because honestly I don’t know if it will effect anything

Great review - I like the curves I have, but I can tell there are some upgrades on these as opposed to the original curve model.