My brand new, now-fully-charged SoundCore does not switch on

Thank you Anker - I have emailed you as you have suggested but you have not yet replied. I found a telephone number for your customer support for the UK eventually - the only numbers in the packaging were, under “Not Happy?”, which I am not, are for US, Germany and Japan - not impressed) but the number closes at 11am UK time. 11AM???
I bought this unit for a specific event this coming Saturday, and bought it on a one-day delivery to be sure I had it in time - It is looking like I will have to buy another speaker since its going to take so long to sort out with Anker (I can’t even speak to you until tomorrow morning now, and your message states it might take 48 hours to get back to me by email - Frankly that’s not good enough)
If I have to replace this myself, I will NOT be buying an Anker product!
Please come back to me immediately.

I am still waiting for a reply from Anker. But don’t bother now as I have spoken with Amazon instead (they have a CS team you CAN actually speak to!) This is apparently a common problem with these speakers (I should have checked the 1-star reviews before I purchased, more fool me!). They have refunded me and I have now bought a replacement NON-Anker speaker which will arrive tomorrow. Because of the nature of the problem (i.e. such a common fault) Amazon didn’t even want it back and it is now in my refuse bin.
My first, and last, Anker experience.

Hi @Rhian , sorry to hear your still having issues. As with any company you email there will be a small amount of delay for a reply and 2 hrs between your forum messages expecting an email response is a tad harsh against the company your emailing.

Glad to hear your have resolved via Amazon, which being a new product would have been my first course rather than direct to the manufacturer. I am a little surprised however that Amazon did not require the item back before a refund. My experience with Amazon UK is that certain items under £10 can yield a refund without return, anything else requires a return before refund.

wow… you won’t ever buy another Anker product ever again because you had one problem that could have been fixed with a little patience? So… one defective product equals never trusting that company, well do you have a car? Samsung phone? ever eaten at a restaurant? Those companies are more likely to fail you in the end, especially since they care about quantity over quality. Also Anker is a small company that cannot afford to maintain 24 customer service and only has one employee there I think (Rosa). Don’t blame the companies who are small for little things that can be solved with a little bit of patience.

1 Like

We apologize for all the inconvenience it caused to you and totally understand the importance of the event for you. After we received your message on the forum, we posted the reply to ask you to contact us via our support email. We did receive your email at 10:05PM, June 26 and we are writing the email to you. Please be assured that your satisfaction is the most important to us. We always tried our best to respond as quickly as possible. Please find our follow-up in your email. Thank you so much for your understanding and patience.

1 Like

Begin forwarded message:
Subject: Refund on order 204-7079677-*******
Date: 26 June 2017 at 21:03:52 BST

Dear Customer,
Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.
We are writing to confirm that we are processing your refund in the amount of £29.99 for your Order 204-7079677-******* from AnkerDirect.
This amount has been credited to your payment method and will appear when your bank has processed it.
This refund is for the following item(s):
Item: Anker SoundCore Portable Bluetooth 4.0 Stereo Speaker with 24-Hour Playtime, 6W Dual-Driver, Low Harmonic Distortion, Patented Bass Port and Built-in
Quantity: 1
ASIN: B016MO90GW
Reason for refund: Item not satisfactory

To confirm, ndalby, I still have the defective item, it’s in my bin. Refund already credited to my account.

Well no need to be part of this forum anymore as Anker has ruined your trust in them. :joy:

1 Like

:joy: We still welcome Anker fans to join our community, and we have arranged a new free SoundCore speaker to the customer, cos every customers satisfaction is the most important to us.:innocent:

3 Likes

Hi, well unfortunately i have same problem i bought Anker soundcore pro, after 2 days not working also not charging :worried:.

Sorry to hear about your issue, could it be possible that you have a bad cable or charging block? 90 % of charging issues are because of faulty cables or charging blocks. Can you please try with a different cable or block and report back?

Also would be worth sending an email to support@Anker.com provide them with serial number, order number and any steps you have taken to trouble shoot

2 Likes

Hello I got a brand new Anker soundcore select and as the Manual said charged it and for the life of me I can’t get it to Power ON I would like to know if i can get it replaced Say by sending this one back to you and getting a egift Cupon for a free replacemint at Wal-mart or likewise place do to I do not have adress for you to send me one back to??

Thank you. Steven McCarthy my email= (mod edit: removed personal information)

Hi @McCarthy_Steve,
Sorry to hear your speaker will not power one. You should be able to power it up by holding down the power button for at least 3 seconds. You should hear a “whirrrr” sound and see a blinking light. If the speaker will not turn on, please email support@anker.com with your order information (or if it was purchased at a Walmart store: a copy of your receipt), serial number (usually found on a silver sticker on the bottom of the speaker) and a description of the issue. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi my friend, please contact support@anker.com, this is our customer service center, I’m sure your problem can be solved very well.:innocent:

I’ve also had the same problem of nothing happening to the soundcare speaker despite it being fully charged. The red light went off ,and then nothing happened, despite using the controls on the top - which are almost impossible to see unless there is a lot of light. Not at all happy, and hopefully I’ll get a reply that will solve the problem, if possible.

Have you tried charging your unit with a different cable and or power plug.? If you still have trouble reach out to support@Anker.com with your order number and serial number as well as steps you Ave taken to help expedite your warranty exchange

Please contact support@Anker.com, we will help you sort out as soon as possible.:hugging:

2 Likes

Just received my Anker Soundcore Pro here in Indonesia, tested it on 23rd Dec, not working. I thought it may be drained battery. Then I tried to charge it without success. So, can’t be on, can’t be charge.
Order it from AliExpress official Anker store, so now open dispute to them (order id 88158084366988)
Sad…

I have to say I see a lot of people claiming issues with charging lately. My only suggestion would be to try and charge the device using a different cable and plug, and to try to let it charge for 8 hours minimum in order to rule out charging issues or faults with the cable or plug

1 Like

Excellent suggestions there @elmo41683

The pessimist in me says it’s due to the fact that Anker often just sends a replacement device rather than requesting the defective unit back for inspection to confirm an actual fault…in essence a two for one deal to the end user…

If the issues are down to a defective batch (from serials of reported devices), I would have thought that we would have heard something on here from Anker to advise of an issue and options for recompense (such as the extended warranty or swap offer on the Roav’s a while ago)

This was where my mind was going but I hate to be the one to outright say so and try to give people the benefit of the doubt