Looking to buy a new battery pack

Just wanted to post this so maybe someone from this company would read it and understand. Ads are an epidemic that is ruining the internet and the entertainment it provides. I can’t say how many ads I have watched of ANKER and because of this when I was shopping on Amazon yesterday for a new battery pack I definitely did not buy one of yours, which is an absolute shame because it looks like you have a great product.

STOP with the ads everywhere, I refuse to buy products that are repeatedly shoved in my face… and ANKER you are one of the worst. Just know your competitors won, not because of your product but because of your non stop dumb ads. I only can hope more people start realizing it’s their wallet that can make the difference.

1 Like

I agree Ads are bad, but it often funds services. If you want to restrict ads then what I do:

• on laptops (Windoze, ChromeOS, Linux) use Chrome browser, and use Webmail Ad Block, Adblock Plus, Adblock for YouTube.
  • on Android, unlock, root use Magisk, systemless host, adaway, iYTBP. If I’m willing to lose Google Pay (which I do on other than my cellphone) then I also use xposed module in Magisk and then use minminguard and block ads in specific apps.
1 Like

Was it a sponsored ad that showed up throughout the pages you were searching for? If this is what happened it is your web application and not Anker to blame. The system is known as telemetry and essentially if you look up something the next thing you know ads show up on your browser pages. For instance, if you were researching power packs and looked at Anker specifically a few times, then went to Amazon a few days later, your saved telemetry would display Anker products for advertisement. I would be careful to blame someone that may not be responsible.

Your PC may have annoyed you enough to pass on a better brand out of spite when that brand isnt at fault because I search Amazon daily and hardly ever see an Anker ad (my telemetry is disabled)

2 Likes