Liberty Air microphone not working on calls

I just purchased a pair of soundcore Liberty air wireless earbuds. They sound great they’re very comfortable the only problem I’m having is when I make a phone call nobody can hear anything I’m saying! It seems as if the microphone starts to work and then cuts out. And I cannot find any information anywhere to troubleshoot the issue. Please help! Am I overlooking something? It would be nice if there was a downloadable manual or troubleshooting guide online but I just can’t seem to find anything anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Mitchell

Let’s start with What phone are you pairing them to?

@elmo41683 Thank you for your reply. @Mitchell_Bagley Please find the FAQ for Liberty Air https://www.soundcore.com/products/variant/liberty-air/A3902011. Regarding the mic issue of the earbuds, would you please let us know the model of the phone you used? Please put the earbuds back to the charging case and taking them out again to see if it works. If the problem persists, please contact us via service@soundcore.com, we will help you with the exchange. Thanks

I have the same issue with iPhone X.
Al working well but the microphone.
Siri cannot hear me. When I make a call no one cal hear me.
Can you help me?

I am also having issue with people that I am talking to not being able to hear me well. They say I sound muffled

I just got mine and I was on a call yesterday and was having no issues. Both on the phone or connected through my computer. But today…total opposite. it sounds like i am in the back of a car. Nobody can hear me.

I’ve connected to my iPhone XS and a 2016 model Macbook Pro. In both situations people can barely hear me.

@Austin_Baker Try deleting the Bluetooth profile and then try a fresh repairing

So I am having a similar problem. My ear buds will work fine with music but the moment I get a call they cut off. I am unable to hear anything and people can’t hear me. After I hang up I won’t be able to hear music. If I put them back into the charging box and take them out I can hear music.
I am using a pixel 3xl.
I have tried to reset the buds multiple times to no success. I have tried to disconnect from the buds still nothing.
It is frustrating that I love these earbuds but have a major flaw.

In your bluetooth setting make sure it’s set to phone calls and audio otherwise it will just play audio from.media

I have done that as well. They still won’t work. Any time any app enables the microphone it will cut out the sound and won’t play anything after. Only after I insert and remove the buds from the case will I hear any sound again…

Good day! I have a Sony Xperia xa1 plus and I have the same problem with the microphone. Music works, switches, but not Google assistant or interlocutors can not hear me. Tell me how to solve the problem

Hi Tank,

I am using iPhone X max an I do have same issue
I just purchased soundcore liberty lite today.
It works perfectly with the music however; when I receive a call it doesn’t work.
I could listen the caller but he cant hear anything.
Also, if the music was playing before the call, it gets off after disconnecting the call.

Kindly advise.

Facing the same issue.
Purchased the product last night.
All except my voice on calls works fine…
Disappointing.

Need help.

Two things to try for Ios
First: go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Setting
Mind you this will clear our settings, but has generally fixed many issues people have had with Bluetooth headphones

Second set of steps:

1. Launch the Settings app from the Home screen of your iPhone.
  2. Tap on General.
  3. Scroll down towards the bottom and tap on Accessibility.
  4. Now tap on Incoming Calls under the Physical & Motor section.
  5. Here you have the option to toggle between Default, Headset, and Speaker. Default answers calls like normal through the normal earpiece in your iPhone while headset will use any headset you have paired with your phone. The last option, speaker, will utilize the built-in loud speaker and default to that whenever you answer a call. Tap the one you want.

I just got my liberty air and the mic works but people hear a constant hiss when i am speaking. Other than that these are pretty good.

Same problem here. Whenever I start a call or siri, the bluetooth connection seems to keep on resetting. Media playback works fine. I think it has something to do with the mic. I’ve reset the earphones several times with no luck. Also tried with other phones but had the same problem. It was working fine for 2 days since I got them.

I am also having the same problem with an LG G5. I contacted service@soundcore.com, if they provide a solution I will provide it here as well.

Same issue.
I specifically bought these for Work from home and got the Liberty Air 2 earpods. Using them on a MacBook Air. Sound is perfect when i play music but attendees on zoom calls have advised me it sounds like I’m speaking from a really big room, almost like there is an echo. I tested the mic then and it does indeed sound like i’m really far away.
Is there any way to fix this?
Super disappointed. They look and feel great.

If you guys just download the sound core app and update the firmware, your problem will be solved.

Same problem here. Just bought liberty pro3.
Music is great, but people can’t hear me well at all during calls…

please help