It's a sad, sad electronics day :(

You have my condolences for your loss

2 Likes

Anker said that they cannot help since this is a defect in the product caused by the user and not by manufacturer/shipping.

1 Like

Escalate the ticket in your email to Management, explain that your a member in the community here and ask they make a 1 time exception to help you

1 Like

Done. Thank you for the suggestions.

Yea that’s BS like @elmo41683 said, take it up the chain. There is no way they should be telling you that, the defect is cleaerly in the product since they were made to withstand that kind of impact.

If Anker isn’t going to help you out then I say crack that baby open and see what’s inside. You might find something that you can fix.

2 Likes

@iroast If you are feeling very trusting and all other hope is lost, I have an electrical engineer buddy that might be able to analyze the circuitry and see what went wrong. (I can’t guarantee that it wouldn’t catch fire during the “analysis,” my friend has done that in the past [to albeit sketchy, dollar store quality power banks].) In his words, “White smoke good. Blue smoke bad.”

Similar to what @Maypo52 said, finding out what went wrong is better than simply accepting that something “broke.”

If you really do want to live dangerously, I can DM you my address- I would happily pay for shipping and perhaps a new power bank-- it is always difficult when an everyday item breaks or wears out.

But first, see what support says to your request. They’re nice people.

6 Likes

That’s a class act dude! Very rare to see these days :+1:
@paperairplaneguru

2 Likes

That’s a good idea.
Taking a look inside and trying a repair is always better than give it to the garbage.
Hope you will be successful. :wink:

Thanks for the offer. I will keep this in mind!

Anker said no again. :-/ They thanked me for being a valued PU.

Aww shucks I’m sorry and it was worth a try. You can always try to open it up and repair whatever is damaged. I opened my son’s Anker pack since it it was refurbished and no longer under warranty. It’s not too hard to do if your technically inclined

1 Like

ouch, sorry man…I wonder why…

There is no reason that anker should replace the item. They’re correct that it broke because of users fault (you know what I mean). It doesn’t fall under there warranty…

This is why I do not share my toys!!
The last thing I lent to a friend was a classic long sleeved Western Province rugby jersey and it came back short sleeved! I was devastated!

I have only recently recovered from that traumatic moment in my life which was about 18 years ago.

if you loan something to someone, even if it is a young niece, nephew make them sign a contract stating if the break or damage it they or their parents have to replace it.

Good luck with these huge decisions!!

for a product this heavy and precious and not easy to replace, I will never share with someone whose chances of replacing it if damaged is none :slight_smile:

pretty nasty drop

Don’t share your wife, your husband or your electronic devices with a friend! :wink:

The drop was really heavy, sad for such a good thing.