Issue with Soundcore Liberty Air connected to MacBook

Same here. If you disconnect your mouse from MacBook Pro (latest i9), it’s working fine without any issue. If you connect both devices, the left earbuds disconnect every few minutes. It’s working with Android without problems.

Just bought them yesterday. It keeps happening to me, and I’ve charged them but on my samsung phone it said that they had only 10% battery life, and then I just got the sound of, I guess, them turning off :confused:

First I tried them with the phone, but only the left earbud worked. Then I thought I need to charge them, but on my mac they kept on disconnecting in the middle of the song :confused:

Hello
I’m having the same issue.
Have had mine for ±1mth when I first paired them to my Macbook, no problemo, worked like a charm.
Now though, the left earpiece doesn’t connect at all and if the right one pairs, the sound is distorted, bassless and tinny.
Have unpaired everything and repaired just the Ankers: No bueno, still the same issue.

Does someone from Anker have any response to any of this? A work-around? Possible fix?
It’s a really great product, works fine with my phone, great sound, great design…but this connection to macbook issue sounds like a big problem.

Try doing a PRAM and SMC reset on your macbook. After that do a reset of your Liberty Air and pair it again. See if this solves the issues.

Below are instructions for Macbook Air
SMC RESET

Shut down the computer.
Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
Press the power button to turn on the computer.

PRAM RESET

Shut down the computer.
Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step
Turn on the computer.
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
Release the keys.

1 Like

Hi all just bought my pair today and was experiencing the same issues until I found this article on Forbes this alleviated all disconnect drops while still allowing me to use my Magic Mouse 2

3 Likes

Same issue but for me it turns out that my Mac external bluetooth touchpad is the issue. As long as that’s on, both ears cut out for a split second about every 10-20 seconds. It’s super annoying. Disabling the trackpad, they work flawlessly. If I unpair the trackpad and then pair it again, the problem seems to go away but then it starts acting up within a few minutes. I’m fine with not using my trackpad while listening to my headphones but it is rather annoying.

I had the same issue with my macbook pro. Every half second the audio would dip out.

After looking through different forums on bluetooth headphones in general being used with a macbook I can across this link https://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/02/01/experiencing-bluetooth-problems-on-your-mac-try-this/

I tried all of the steps, and seems to work good now!

Hope it works for others.

Thank you for this comment! I just bought these headphones and nearly took them back within hours of dealing with the constant disconnect with my Macbook. This simple change fixed my problem. Thanks so much!!

So my issue is that after pairing - and listening to stereo sound - then a call or webinar starts, and the left bud drops off. All of a sudden I’ll hear the phrase: “battery power high” which is what is said when I pull them out of the case. I can’t find any other people having this problem.

Yes. I bought mine in March 2019 and I could only use it properly with my cell phone. Lots of installs and updates however it only worked with my Dell Laptop after I turned off my Microsoft BT mouse. It seemed a problem with the mouse, since I could use BraView BT keyboard together … working ok. But everything working together, only with another BT headphone…

Just bought the Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro. Every few minutes the sound cuts out for about half a second. Did ALL of the above and more:
Reset BT module
SMC and PRAM reset
no other BT devices connected
no other BT activated devices near
deleted the Bluetooth files
reset the liberty air 2 pro
fiddled with the com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent settings
reset everything again. Problem remains.

tried my 20€ Xiaomi Airdots… they work fine.

Any more ideas?

There is a special forum from soundcore you should ask there.
Many users of those earbuds.

https://community.soundcore.com/

There are those issues with macbooks described as far I remember.
I am sure you find some help there.

Hi Chiquinho,
thanks for the hint, I created another thread there. Hope to find somebody who can help there. I searched the forum, but the only similar problem I found was in this one: Issue with Soundcore Liberty Air connected to MacBook
As mentioned: I tried everything they did… but no success so far.

EDIT: oh, it’s THIS thread ^^ thought I was in another one ^^

1 Like

Good luck.
Otherwise a email to the soundcore support could be helpful
But I am sure they got no better ideas than the regulars have.:grin:

1 Like

Issue resolved! It’s a bug of MacOs monterey:
to solve: go to system preferences -> Sharing -> deselect AirPlayReceiver

1 Like

Long time no see Nappa

1 Like

Ersatzkater, this worked beautifully for me, and it’s a 5-second fix. Thank you!

1 Like

Vegeta! Long time indeed since you… ahem… terminated our professional partnership. No hard feelings. Did you dye your hair? You are rocking this blue! Really brings out the eyes!

1 Like

Happy the fix helped somebody :slight_smile:

Lol thanks Nappa :rofl: