Introducing Roav Chainsaw!

Yea that would be a great product for sure. Would buy one of those myself

You mean electric? They are popular with commuters, tourists. Most people seem to go with renting them around here as then don’t have to carry them indoors, just dump them on the street for the next customer.

I tried owning an electric bike but I gave up with them, not perfect. I do own an electric skateboard but probably giving up on that as its too scary :smiling_imp: , I did think of electric scooter but when I looked at the cost for the number of times I’d use one its better to rent.

I only bike, walk, train myself, with the odd bit of taxi and it saves me a lot of $$$

And back to the point - items you use seldom are better rented than bought. An electric chainsaw, you’d have to be a person who uses one many times a year to justify buying one, usually trade favours with someone else, borrow one for infrequent use.

Great point there. Renting a scooter is better than owning because of convenience. And owning should be out of equation unless you’ll use them a lot to offset the buying cost. If you spend like $5 each day for 5 days a week for maybe 40 weeks a year, you would be better off buying a scooter.

I thought about buying an electric skateboard since they are easier to use than a real skateboard (since I don’t know how to ride very well) but they are still scarier than a bike or scooter :joy:

The only skateboard I have been on is my electric one, so I learned to ride on it. I fell off a lot for first week-ish then never fell off since, the scary part is you need perfect conditions and perfect reaction times, bearing in mind they can do 20mph so its a quite a lot of perfection needed. Scooters are easier as bigger wheels which forgive bad surfaces and you can steer and balance independently. I do have a non-electric scooter I use.

But I mostly am human powered, mostly biking. Today I was biking and passed some German tourists who were in trouble, and I know just enough German to help out and they wanted to pay me some cash for helping. Tosh. We help because we want to help! They had banged their shoulder and I know basic medical tests, nothing broken, and the bike was in a bad shape but here comes…

1 Like

I’m assuming that’s your youtube channel. It was a good video and I checked that skateboard out when I was looking to see which one I wanted to buy but some reviews were good for that so had it off my list. But I rode this (mini S) a little because my friend owns one. It’s fun but I was on beginners mode so didn’t go too fast :joy:

The one I mention is lower cost. I expect if Anker did get into skateboards, I can see a quality / price play coming in. I do not want to get into “which is best” discussions in an Anker forum.

Oh right that’s true. Sorry about that. And yea if Anker got into that business they would make skateboards that are cheaper maybe by reducing battery capacity. I don’t know how else they can reduce price unless they really cheap out on material

#UPDATE

Price has increased from $199.99 to $235.99

1 Like

That’s absurd, not gonna sell many at that price. It was already high to begin with

1 Like

that is unusual. They usually have a very high price, and not available to buy, then drop the price claiming its discounted.

1 Like

Its bit odd to see Anker using Roav brand for these new products, Roav was initially pitched for Car / Auto

1 Like

Thank you for helping DE fellows.
After these disaster at the

“Ilha da Madeira”

we all Germans are in a kind of
shock-induced paralysis.

Deep sorrow in Germany and Portugal.

1 Like

That’s ridiculous. That price hike is pretty steep in my opinion

1 Like

What the? Did anyone test the Anker Roav Chainsaw?!

Here

This was already posted by @joshuad11 (think I got the right person :joy:)

2 Likes

I don’t think this is an announcement… it’s just a question :grin:. Not to say this couldn’t be posted in the main thread

I was thinking Roav were car accessories but more things are added in there.

Chainsaws can be automotive related.

2 Likes

This looks very similar to a WORX©️ product.

1 Like

Take a look at those Vacuum-Robots.
All from a great family, look like brothers, sisters…
and there are even twins and triplets! :grin:

1 Like