Internet : Do you get what you pay for?

I live in the countryside of bavaria. Ok, close to Munich. For those who do not know Munich: this is the place of the famous “Oktoberfest”, which takes part in September. Therefore the name.

Äääh - yes, speed. Scince I am very slow in typing, and also very slow in reading, I am happy with the provided Internet speed. In fact: if it is slower than promised, that would be alright for me. Keeps me away from strolling around - and get lost …

@Tank It’s late now but I will call tomorrow! If they can double my speed then I am more than happy! Although 100/10 is enough for now but twice is better

Just tested my speed. I have spectrum at home

1 Like

Wow! Spectrum is rocking it! It is wayyyy better than the old Time Warner!

@ikari04warrior what do you do with all that speed and what is the internet cap for downloads on Spectrum? Xfinity has a 1TB limit per billing cycle

Yea can’t complain too much. We stream Netflix, play video games online and the speed is pretty consistent

Honestly I don’t think we have any caps. When I signed the contract I made it clear that I didn’t want any caps on my internet usage and didn’t want to be throttled if my usage got too high. They swore up and down it wouldn’t happen and so far they been right. I do pay $120 but that’s with a home line and tv

1 Like

The only option we had when we moved was AT&T and we have 50 MBPS download and I think 10 upload as far as I remember. Our data limit is 1 TB and we also have a phone line as our home phone and fax number. We pay $70 which is honestly ridiculous for the crappy AT&T speed but it is what it is right now

I had AT&T UVerse … I changed to Xfinity within a month :smirk:

When Xfinity finally came to our area, we thought about switching but didn’t because of the contract breaking fees and what not. Besides for whatever reason, Xfinity was just as expensive as AT&T for the same stuff we have right now so that couldn’t force us to switch

How much are you paying? And is it just internet alone?

and yes, Internet only

and yes, Internet only

Wish my bill was that cheap :sob:

1 Like

I used to pay upwards of $120 with Xfinity Triple play (Cable+phone+internet), did the cord cutting couple of years back and brought it down… :smile:

Now I worry hitting the 1TB limit :rofl:

How much do you usually use a month? I have never checked my usage. I’d love for my bill to be lower but fast and unlimited internet is godsend

I hover near 1TB, tripped the limit last month…

1 Like

Wow that’s a lot!! :+1:

How you manage to live in the two worlds: the analogue and the digital ? Which one do you prefer ? (serious question, no joke)

It’s been longtime since I used to receive analogue signals for TV, was good when it lasted with free to air antenna… however with changing times it went to digital signals and now am a cord-cutter - only stream videos :smile: