I happened to find these in Walmart

Anker,
Can you put Powerhouses in Walmarts so that we can try them?

3 Likes

About time Anker has its footprints all across big box stores. I think we will see Anker products in Target and Kohls very soon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Depends on how they came to terms with Walmart. Could be exclusivity from other B&M retailers…Who knows but it’s amazing how their stuff is on “shelves” now :smile:

nvm… Tony says they’re in bestbuy too lol
:arrow_down:

3 Likes

Very cool! I saw some at BestBuy too. Handy when you need something now but I will always buy directly from Anker if I can.

3 Likes

I saw this same display at a local Wal-Mart as well. Ended up buying a five port charging up. It was a few bucks cheaper than amazon. Hope they start carrying more of there products

2 Likes

Perhaps I’m a bit different, but in my opinion seeing Anker in Walmart of all places “cheapens” the brand… It will give Anker drastically more exposure and growth I’m sure, but it lowers the image of the products somewhat.

I wonder if the resulting profit margins imposed by Walmart is part of what caused Anker to switch their newest PowerCore 20000 to a plastic casing vs. the nice, rounded metal casing of the prior generation?

4 Likes

I’m wondering the same thing. Some tech company sell lower level products at Wal-Mart to introduce customers to their products. Then sell their higher end products at other locations .

Maybe that’s what Anker is doing. Their Wal-Mart products aren’t the newest and it’s only a small list of products. They don’t have power cords or audio cables yet.

2 Likes

More stuff…

5 Likes

Can you guys post pictures in this topic Everytime you see Anker stuff in a store?

2 Likes

WOW! I did not know they were also selling speakers @Walmart

2 Likes

Now they only have to sell Anker products in german Tech-Stores.

2 Likes

I know, I was also pretty surprised

1 Like

Anker begins to do business offline ! :tada: keep on moving !

7 Likes

Wow, was surprised to see this

4 Likes

Nice, so the Select and Boost have finally made their public appearance, thanks for the post :thumbsup:

1 Like

Interesting.

We are seeing “Walmart first” strategy here. Bricks and Mortar stores suffer from the supply chain problem relative to pure-Internet sellers because they have to hold stock on the shelves so costing more.

I was aware that Anker had negotiated in-store with Walmart, but I am now wondering if Walmart insisted on some Walmart first products to defend the stores?

3 Likes

Prices for Select, Boost?

1 Like

I know, it’s insane!

1 Like

In Walmart, the Select was $69, with the Boost being $79.

1 Like

I don’t think its insane. Goods made in China, Walmart must plan its stores, must plan an area for the Anker area and shelves size and stock, to do that Anker has to commit to a certain minimum guaranteed supply. That may then mean Walmart get the first shipment, and then if they sell well then Walmart get a re-supply.

I then see mention of prices. $10 lower for the Pro online than in Walmart. Walmart won’t like that. Can you imagine, go into Walmart, play with the Anker speaker, check your phone, see it $10 lower cost online, then order online and wait.

4 Likes