How to Update Speakers’ Firmware

I’d rather have an apo, than a software update, that doesn’t do anything.

does the firmware on the motion q let iphones adjust its volume over bluetooth? that was a problem that my sister had. she had to manually press the volume adjustment buttons.

I am not sure how many others know about this, I just found out today. Anker releases firmware updates for their products and for all of you who have posted on my Thread about your Collection I see a lot of soundcore 2s in here, they recently released an update for it. You can find the download tool and the software here https://www.anker.com/update-firmware

Hope that helps!

Update: The macOS version is now available to download!

3 Likes

Yes, but only from the Anker website. The app is not available (yet) through the Soundcore website.

FWIW, I’ll also add that the requirement for the update tool from the Anker website states “*For macOS Sierra 10.12+” however it works just fine on my current OS X El Capitan 10.11.6.

1 Like

Aren’t they the same program?!

Yeah sure. I mean, yes sir

2 Likes

I wonder if the headphones can be upgraded too.

As I’ve asked before but answered…

How do you update WITHOUT a pc or tablet?

1 Like

[quote=“amangons, post:38, topic:61921”]
How do you update WITHOUT a pc or tablet?
[/quote]A Mac :blush:

3 Likes

I will assume that they are the same program until they update the Soundcore website (to mirror the Anker websit e) with the firmware update tool. :wink:

You mean like a stick and a rock??:joy::joy::joy:

Anyone found out what does Soundcore boost firmware update do? I don’t really want to do it if there aren’t any improvements over sound ,battery life etc.

Why make a computer necessary for updating a mobile device??? The “Anker Brilliance” just came to a screeching halt. The app won’t even recognize my new Flare.

I love Anker Products and Customer Service,. My home and car are full of Anker gear.

Just thought this should be moved up the ladder.

Correction: The Soundcore Android App can be used to update the firmware. No downloads necessary. Merely hit the four boxes in the top left hand corner of the App, select the card/panel for your device and continue. If your device needs an update it will be updated, restart, and begin working with the App. (((Follow the On Screen Directions CLOSELY))).

Should have known Anker would have this knocked already.

Yes, only the devices incompatible with the app require a computer to update.

That’s not necessarily true, last time I updated my flare there was a firmware version that was only available download and install with a computer.

New firmware for anker soundcore 2:

For Windows and macOS. Updates include bug fixes and performance optimization. Fixed Bluetooth latency issues.

2 Likes

Until there is an app for Soundcore 2, mine will stay on original software.

It would have been nice if all upgradable speaker series could be upgraded by an app.
Nevertheless, weather if it’s an app or upgrade tool it would be informative to see some fixes/change log (as already mentioned by many) and information for the current device firmware (e.g. using the upgrade tool one can’t see the current FW version and decide if that’s necessary).

1 Like

My Soundcore 2 stopped working with my iPhone during the summer - I could connect, but couldn’t play sound through it - and could only get it to work with an older iPad, so had pretty much given up.

Anker’s website isn’t particularly helpful as the instructions are for an app that is different to the only software that it available to download… I couldn’t get the Anker Toolbox app to connect at all through a Mac and couldn’t find any earlier versions - until I tried the Japanese website…

On their website you can find the links to the Anker Software Upgrade tool and the relevant firmware, here:

The dmg link is here:
https://dz02g1kgtiysz.cloudfront.net/deals/files/180830_114414_ankerfirmwareupdatetoolmacosv1.3.dmg.zip

The file for the firmware update is here:
https://d2211byn0pk9fi.cloudfront.net/spree/accessories/attachments/72912/A3105_SoundCore_2_V053-201904.zip?1555639279

Hope it helps someone else as I was ready to bin it!

2 Likes