How to ScreenCast on Nebula Capsule ?!

Damn. What am I doing wrong then ?

@Kopra_12, could you tell me how you screencast from Windows ? I’ll try your way…

So, I wrote to the support and the answer is :

To address your concern, the laptop casting can only be connected with the HDMI cable with both devices. We sincerely sorry to let you know the mirracast is currently not available for the laptop device.

… So much for the “Total Cnnectivity” thing, right ?

Really disappointed here.

Miracast has always been finiky, just Google it and you will see all the problems people have had. At the same time, you may find a solution that will get it to work…

Couldn’t find it so far, but I’m still a believer :sweat_smile:
In the mean time, if someone has a solution : I take it !

At this moment, I’m thinking of getting a MiraScreen Dongle…

Hey folks! So, I just got my Nebula Capsule(won it through an Anker drawing with a year of Netflix… Awesome!), and I’ve already played around with trying to cast content or screen mirror. Short story seems to be that a Chromecast dongle is your easiest fix for casting pretty much anything but Amazon based content; the available app for using this service works passably anyway so…

Let me start off by saying that I really like my Nebula. I had a 3M/Roku projector that I bought like 5 or 6 years back that ended up being stolen. So, I have some experience, and I’m not just all moony eyes over the “free” product.

The issue seems to be in DRM and Google Play Services. While Anker did an EXCELLENT job here, they knew from day 1 that there was room for improvement, and based on my research, they’ve listened to their customers and made a improvements in their upcoming capsule 2.

There are a couple of tedious workaround “hacks”, etc that one can use to sideload apps, etc, but for what you want, a Chromecast is perfect, and fairly affordable.

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE watching shows on my bedroom ceiling at night? Thank you Anker!

4 Likes

I just got my Nebula Capsule and feel quite happy about it (yaaay). However, I haven’t been able to find the device to mirror-screen my Android 9 nor my Windows 10 PC. My Android mobile (Motorola) can’t find the Nebula device at all via Miracast (it does via bluetooth, I can use the Nebula Connect control just fine). My Windows PC, on the other side, does find the Nebula and tries to pair with it, but to no avail so far.

If you have found a good APP for mirror screening from Android to Nebula, please let me know. I need it for work and it would help me A LOT. Thanks!

2 Likes

I have the same issue, i am unable to connect my windows 10 PC. Appreciate assisting to identify or help to troubleshoot the issue - thanks

1 Like

It is possible to make mirror screening with android/ios and a Nebula Max Capsule.

TURN ON NEBULA.

GO TO SETTINGS

UNIVERSAL SETTINGS

WIRELESS MIRRORING

2 Likes

Has there been solution to casting from a Windows OS ? I really wish to be able to send presentation from my lap top

1 Like

The best way to screencast is by using google chrome or some other streaming device that allows wireless connection. Solely relying on the phone to handle this properly is simply asking too much apparently

I’ve followed the instructions for iOS and the Nebula doesn’t show up in my screen mirroring option at all.

2 Likes

Oh man, you are a true hero, I just read most of the content about this topic on internet and most of them assured that is no chance to do it, then you came and resolved it in 4 sentences, Thanks a lot!

Go to settings
Choose General
Choose screen mirroring in the bottom
Choose your os (Apple or Android)
On your mobile phone find your Nebula device (using smart view on Android or its equivalent on IOS)
Enjoy the watch :slight_smile:

I have a Samsung S10 and I see no way to mirror-screen cast onto the Nebula Capsule. I do not see a screen cast menu on the Nebula.

See the post immediately above yours. Screen mirroring, then select Android (Miracast)

When I do that, I am given the menu options:

Network & Internet
Accounts & Sign In
Apps
Device Preferences
Projector Settings
HDMI
Remotes & Accessories

There is no “screen mirroring in the bottom”

My device is Nebula Capsule II

Nose around each of them!

Yea. I’ve spent 1.5 hours doing that. I don’t see that menu option.

Sorry don’t own the Capsule II, I have the Capsule Max as was easy to find, I think 1.5 seconds, certainly not 1.5 hours.

1 Like

Tap the Chromecast button in the app you want to cast from on your Samsung S10 and choose your projector from the list of the available devices. Both your phone and your Nebula Capsule II need to be on the same Wifi network. This also applies to other projectors with a proper Android TV system (Cosmos, Vega, Solar, Prizm II Pro).

To cast the whole screen of your phone, enable screen mirroring in the Google Home app on your phone.

You do not need to do anything on the projector itself (well, except keeping it on and on the same network).

Note: the above does not apply to projectors with obsolete, non-TV versions of Android (Capsule I, Capsule Max, Astro, Apollo, Mars) – for these you need Miracast as described in previous posts.

Note 2: casting the whole phone will not cast copyrighted content (e.g. Netflix).

1 Like