How do I promote my favorite Anker products

No, this is definitely not point farming! This is helping fellow members out! I havenā€™t pulled the trigger on 4 items because I donā€™t need them but would like them! Now if I see it discounted then I have no choice but to get it!

1 Like

Yes. I agree. However, that doesnā€™t change the fact that there are certain community members who will basically accuse anything I post (except reviews and deals) as being point farmingā€¦ I mean, this thread as the potential to get 100ā€™s of replies. Some people wouldnā€™t like the idea of me getting that many replies :wink::joy:

How many points do you get for each reply you get under a thread you made?

1 Like

5 points 5x per day. Mind you that this thread hopefully stays active for years :grin::wink:

Oh I see, somebody could definitely earn a lot of points like that

1 Like

I would definitely agree that is a much more popular way for Anker supporters to use to try to support the brand but for me it is too impersonal. I enjoy talking to the people I suggest the brand to. I also like hearing them explain what kind of issues they are having and letting them know which accessory or model would benefit them the most. Posting to social media or posting review videos on youtube, etc., get lost in the sauce, I feel. There are already so many popular tech reviewers that have made them selves a name, that it makes it unlikely for the majority of our videos/posts to be seen. The FB or IG approach has been diluted of itā€™s excellence from being flooded as well. I do post about Anker on my FB and share about them on my IG, I do get responses sometimes as well but I feel like for me personally, I can reach more people that will actually try the products out this way. Mainly because you donā€™t enter the electronics section if you arenā€™t planning to buy some type of electronic at that time or have a love for tech. BTW how annoying are ads and promotions on FB/IG anyhow. Though, I will admit I do urge anyone on the fence about the brand to check out some written product reviews or videos on youtube. I would say I have approached at least 100-150 people in person, and been able to spark a convo that led to all but 3 buying an Anker product at that time. The 3 people that didnā€™t buy an Anker accessory when I suggested one were seemingly interested but my wife wouldnt have another min of me standing there, ā€œchatting about charging cords and such.ā€ as she says it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty good actually! You should try to get a royalty form anker :joy: jk

1 Like

:laughing: :relaxed:

Well props to you good sir for actually taking the time to approach and encourage people to use Anker.

So hereā€™s what I would do. If I were you I would apply to be a power user and an anker influencer, and add onto your applications something similar to this post. I think anyone who takes the time, courage and initiative to talk so many people to #UseAnkerInstead deserves to be a power user and anker influencer.

Best of luck!

Can you explain point farming?
I get kinda get the concept, but what is it people are actually getting excited about?
As soon as there are league tables or points scores where someone can be perceived to be at a higher level than someone else there is always jealousy and name calling.
But surely the restricted point system is in place to ensure people wonā€™t spam the community with loads of posts in the hope of getting loads of points?

Ahh, digging up old dirt I see :wink:.

Basically point farming is making useless posts and topics, for the sole purpose of earning the points for them.

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to catch up on a bit of history.
Cheers for explaining.
Surely if people post rubbish others ignore it :thinking:
I canā€™t see a pointless post earning many likes or shares if Iā€™m honest.
Anyway, thanks again.

Before the point restructure, all users had to do was create threads to get points. Get a bunch of likes, and give likes to others among other things. But since they restructured the point system things changed and slowed down. Some say for the worse and other say itā€™s for the better, but it is harder to level up now

I think itā€™s better, if it had started this way.

You see, youā€™re at level 14. If I keep the same activity level for the rest of my life, I legitimately may never hit level 14. I havenā€™t done my math or anything, but normally I would have hit level 10 months ago.

So now you get a big boost on points since you joined earlier then meā€¦

But if this point system had been like this since the start, it all would be good since we would be leveling up at approximately the same level, and it discourages point farmingā€¦

Thanks @Tank @TechMan
I didnā€™t realise there was a different point system before.
I can see how the old system would have created an environment where people went through the motions to gather the reward rather than to be part of the community.

Old point system created Giants with points, though they also contributed with lot of stuffā€¦ something like the Soundcore Collective now in early stages

1 Like

Old Point system :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::mag:

1 Like

Donā€™t tell people about the soundcore system. I want it to stay the same :joy:. Iā€™ll be max level by the end of the year :joy:

3 Likes

The is no stopping @TechMan :+1:

2 Likes