Greetings from Venice! How Anker Helped Us Make It Through Europe-#UseAnkerInstead

That was a beautiful view!!

1 Like

LOL! I hear ya. When we asked for some local only places to go and eat, the locals were a little reluctant to tell us, but did in the end. They were the best restaurants I ate at while over there with the best service.

I know that feeling, it was awesome I was there for a week doing water sports and the ATV was the best choice ever to get around the island specially in the mornings on my way to the beaches I could park that anywhere

3 Likes

Thats awesome. Yeah, we looked at getting a car, but when the choice was that or an ATV, we chose it so we could enjoy screwing around on it and it was more free to the elements. Driving around in a paradise with the sun beaming down on you was the best choice. I mean how can you ever complain with this

Did you get a chance to do this in town lol

1 Like

DUDE! You did the hydro jet thing? How was it? That’s on my list of things to try some day.

Greece just looks incredible. Maybe that needs to be the next trip. How warm is the water there and is summer the best time to go?

1 Like

Yeah, I do similar things. When I go on out of the country trips I never shop at the tourist shops. I always go to real local shops. You can always get better, more authentic stuff for reasonable prices :wink:

1 Like

Water is amazing all year round. We went in June because it was just outside of the high tourist time, so other than the cruise ships that stop in Thera, the rest of the island is pretty much up for grabs. Multiple beaches (black sand, red sand, nude) are all over, there is a church at the highest point on the island, Oia is amazing to walk around in, and all around it was probably the best trip I have been on. The nice thing is that you can take a boat ride over to the other islands (being multiple hours) and can be somewhere completely different. The hotel I stayed at was called Volcano View, and it was just that, a view of the inactive volcano. You can take a boat ride over to it and swim in the water, or hike around.

Ironically I took almost the exact same photo as @Raul_Alexandre

The food is beyond amazing too. Squid fresh from the water, any kind of wine and olives, but my all time favorite that I hate to admit I got 7 of was this

On top of the volcano

View from the highest point on the island

3 Likes

I’m glad to be back home, but all these pictures are making me want to jump on a plane and head back off on a new adventure! hahaha. Wow. It looks like such a beautiful and relaxing place to visit. Maybe even a good place to have a gyro and get rid of some tan lines. :laughing:

There are always nice places in the US you can drive to for cheaper if you can’t afford all these plain trips :wink: (or in whichever country you live in)

According to your account you live in a pineapple under the sea… :joy:

Thats the nice thing about the U.S. I live in Michigan and the amount of places I can drive to under 10 hours is semi limited (NYC being the furthest I will normally travel to via car other than places in Canada), but it is nice to be able to pack up and rent a car and just drive with no real timeline. I have driven to about 14 states and once across to Arizona to help some buddies move. That one took 23 hours over the course of 2.5 days, but the drive was awesome.

1 Like

It was great, in the beginning takes a bit of time to get used to it as you need good balance and it’s not easy when you have alot of pressure in your feet and you have to get your legs and feet straight inside the water to go up and when you’re high the views are amazing. I remember in my first time I nearly lost my swimming shorts :joy:. You have to try it, it’s a once in a life time experience. Wakeboarding its also amazing if you haven’t tried

1 Like

I have fun with road trips if they’re with my SO or friends. I’m willing to spend a night in a hotel (or the car :wink:) to drive longer in a day.

There are so many places to go, the mountains (pigeon forge area), beaches (all over the place), historical areas. (Charleston, New England area etc.) and many more places and things to do.

Yes, but visiting a total other country means
Other language, other people, other food, other mentality, other behaviour.

That’s more than an adventure.
And even beautiful landscape you get always there.

That’s why I like to visit our neighbours in the south of Europe!

1 Like

My point is In country trips are for people on budgets :wink:

1 Like

I learned my lesson in Greece. When I was at a restaurant the first day we arrived, the waiter asked me if I wanted the bill. I shot him a “thumbs up” and said yeah. He just blankly stared back at me. Come to find out, a thumbs up was the equivalent to a middle finger so i essentially was telling him to **** off while smiling and saying yeah.

2 days after that we were driving around on the ATV and saw a group of people stranded on the side of the road. The one person was giving a thumbs up (U.S. hitch hiking symbol) to each car passing. Little did they know they were flipping off everyone driving by.

I read up on local cultural things for every place I have visited since, but I learned a nice lesson that trip.

2 Likes

Other countries other manners! :joy:

The great advantage, most of the young people in all European countries speak English, so there is no problem for US-tourists at all. :wink:

But as a question of politeness:
Please ask the people first if they speak English.

That is what blew my mind in Quebec. I would go to a restaurant or shop and the first thing people would do would say “Hi, how can I help you” in French. I immediately ask if they spoke English and they in turn switched to English with not even a hint of a French accent. It blew my mind to say the least, but I for sure asked each person after that with a similar outcome.

1 Like

In the UK, it’s almost as expensive to have a STAYCATION, as it is to go abroad.

Except here (UK) you can’t be sure of the weather n whether there’ll be any sunshine or indeed, and heat! Whereas, abroad you’re pretty sure it’ll be dry, sunny n hot (shorts n t-shirt weather).

Plus, abroad the food/drink is a hell of a lot cheaper, even with the euro (the currency of.most of Europe) being only slightly better value than the pound.

So those of us on this fair island, choose to go abroad if we can afford a “holiday”.

Mind in 2 weeks I’ll be going to Monkey World, and hopefully they’ll let me out!

2 Likes

That is how to do it.
But Please do not post on insta.

You know the famous beautiful - how you call it - mountain hut - and then some celebrity posted a pic.

The mountain hut - gorgeous -

now they closed it. They had to . Could not cope with thousands of visitors …all of them wanted to post a selfie on insta…

1 Like

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Is it convenience to go there?

1 Like