Get a Google Home Mini with Premium for Family

A good deal for Spotify premium users who live in the UK and want a smart speaker with the Google Assistant built in. There was a deal like this in the US back in December and I got one. The speaker volume is not bad and if you have smart plugs, it can definitely make turning things on and off easier.

Mods, I try to find the right category to post this under but I couldn’t find it. So if it needs to be moved or removed, then go ahead. Thanks

5 Likes

Looks like a decent enough deal :man_shrugging:.

I didn’t know you were in the U.K…

Lol I’m not I’m in the US. I thought I’ve seen that some people on this forum are from the UK, that’s why I decided to post it. A deal like this came out in the US a few months ago and I got one for $1.07. By the time I went back to the website to redeem a couple more, they were out of stock :sob:

1 Like

Wow, that’s a shame. At least you got one :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This is brilliant! Thanks for posting this for us U.K. folks! :grin::grin:

2 Likes

This worked in US also. I already had the family plan and I was able to get the google home mini anyway. Can’t complain to add a new speaker to the home configuration.

2 Likes

While this may be good for the customers, these have been abused in the past, where customers sign-up only for the google home speaker, and then cancel the trial… sort of leaves bad taste and forces these companies to stop having these events

Yea I took advantage of it when the deal was on the US. I signed up for it, them upgrade to a family plan and only paid $1.07. As soon as the Google mini got delivered to my house, I cancelled my Spotify subscription

Crap, I just read @cshenoy’s comment and I gotta admit I’m guilty of that :weary:

1 Like

:open_mouth: Dude not cool

1 Like

I didn’t know any better back then :innocent: now I’m a loyal customer

2 Likes

Well, I guess sometimes we are guilty of this kind of stuff. I just remember I did the same back when Samsung first roll out Samsung Pay and it will give you $50dlls at Best Buy if you register a Credit Card :sweat_smile: never used again (I change positions at work and I was no longer require to have a phone).

2 Likes

Lol that’s a funny story! :joy: :joy: I realized it was a shitty move but I ended up subscribing to them mid February. Too hard to go back to regular Spotify

1 Like

Once you get a taste of Unlimited Music its hard to go back.

2 Likes

You are 100% correct. And the fact that you can choose whatever song you want instead of shuffling the songs :sunglasses:

1 Like

Dam, they really didn’t think about people cancelling subscriptions! Sounds like a logistical error and someone probably got fired over it! Maybe… I think!.. if he/she didn’t then he/she should have!

1 Like

in 2017 i got 2 google home mini’s for free using walmart/google express deal
It was awesome time :slight_smile:

Hmm I don’t remember this deal, mind explaining more about it? @kumar.sachin

In around Xmas 2017 google express had a deal with walmart.
If you buy google home mini for $25 you get $25 credit to spend in Walmart. There was a limit of 2 purchase per household.
Slickdeals link from the time.
I did use it to get 2 google home minis and then got $50 to spend on walmart order through google express making home minis free.

1 Like

Oh I see! Yea you pretty much got 2 minis for free