+++ GENERAL eufycam TODO-LIST +++

Even if this TO-DO List is growing and growing and eufy is not at all working of that list and wishes/improvements in the past months(!), i would like to:

UPDATE of the TO-DO List

Point 19 has been added!
(see first post - link: +++ GENERAL eufycam TODO-LIST +++)

@AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical @AnkerSupport
May i ask again, with the hope to get an answer this time, when you finally will start working of this TODO-List with issues, problems and improvements introduced by expercienced customers, known and listed since over half a year already?! Thanks!

:information_source: (click the images once or twice for better view / original size)

Serious, if the paying customers sacrifice hours of THEIR lifetime to help YOU to make YOUR product better and to fix YOUR issues, then you should be greateful and even answer if you got asked and/or talk about every proposed point.

To work off this list, at least most of the points, will not only make your product better and your customers more satisified - it may also let you sleep better and increase you sales! And by the way: Working off this list finally is NO MAGIC

I invested several thousand euros already in about a dozen of cams, three homebases and hundreds of hours of testing, reviewing, helping others … and i get like silence and non-observance of my list as return? wow … thanks!

At kickstarter there was at least someone saying thanks as i posted the first version of the TODO-List several months ago, since then … nearly ZERO happened about those constructive points. That is very disappointing.

But wow … the latest updates brought us a very expensive cloud feature and bigger battery symbols, amazing!

Sorry for my sarcasm, but i needed to write my frustration away.
Since the kickstarter campaign is over and the eufy cam is available on the market, i seriously doubt to further improvements of the camera and to respond to customer requests firsthand. :disappointed:

All updates of the app and firmwares since market start of eufycam has been just “scratching the surface” if you know what i mean. The serious and longtime issues and improvements just don’t get done! Even if they are quite easy to realize … :confused:

1 Like

And the NEXT!

Regarding Point #14

… i just found a statement on the kickstarter page eufy made just 2 days ago:

Now the question is (again):

Why do you (eufy) do not listen to your customers?!

You now changed the alarm sound from fixed 5 seconds to fixed 30 seconds!
The request was an ADJUSTABLE alarm time lenth! (according to me from 5 to 30 seconds)

Why do you not listen?! We, your customers, make very good suggestions, you just need to LISTEN!

I can understand that for the most 5 seconds alarm was too short, i now can understand people who may complain that 30 seconds is too long! Why the hell you just don’t added the alarm time length ADJUSTABLE?!
This is no technical magic and done in no time and then every customer can decide himself how long the alarm sound should sound.

Absolutely incomprehensible :confused:

As more settings are OPTIONS or OPTIONAL and as more settings are ADJUSTABLE, as more you will fit the needs of EVERY customer, when will you check this eufy?

Sorry, it just feels like you do not listen to us. But sure … you can explain your decision here if you want, maybe its plausible. I doubt it.

Thank you very much for taking note about that! @Kopra_12 :hearts: :thumbsup:
I would wish eufy/anker would see and appreciate that too :cry:

But we all want the eufy cam to be the best security cam on the market. So we need to “do” something for it, as currently the product is not as “perfect” where it could be. And if we wait until eufy itself starts making features better, fixing issues or implement community improvement suggestions, then it will be the time where the unicorns will rule the world! :laughing:

Not always. For sure not for a 50 bucks product, but if you already invested several thousand euros in a product (like me), or even if you just got one single cam and want it to be the best cam at the world and all issues to be fixed, it seems you need to keep the “pressure” permanently high enough to prevent eufy standstill :sleeping:

Time not yet came where eufy can rest from his laurels - there is still a lot of work to do!

Indeed, Eufy/Anker will shortly have some very ‘heavy/powerful/strong’ competition - Amazon (USA and Canada) is introducing the “All-New Blink XT2—The Next-Gen Outdoor/Indoor Smart Security Camera with Extended Battery Life and Enhanced Motion Detection” (two years of battery life with just two AA lithium batteries).

The price of the Blink XT2 system starts at $89.99 USD or $119.99 CAD for single camera system with free cloud storage and no contracts or monthly fees.

With the Blink Sync Module (which is required to use Blink XT2) the price for the Blink XT2 system (with a Sync Module) is $99.99 USD or $129.99 CAD for a single camera system, $179.99 USD or $239.99 CAD for a two-camera system, $249.99 USD or $329.99 CAD for three-camera system.

So, will this new product force Eufy/Anker to improve on their EufyCAM system, such as finally releasing their promised range extender (pledge for the Q1 of 2019)… :pensive:

Note: I am not an employee of Amazon nor do I have any share with Amazon - I am just an Amazon customer.

1 Like

No essential updates for MONTHS(!) - are you serious?!
There is tons of work to do, still, and the range extender and other features are more than late too!
Sorry that i have to ask: What are you doing eufy? … Counting money? … Sleeping? … Nothing?

#push

#reminder

#workoffthelist

#takecareofourwishes

#dontletcustomersdown

@AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical @AnkerSupport

I’m glad I found this forum thread.
I ordered the 2 cam & base from Amazon this morning to replace my Arlo HD x 4 which are a bit long in the tooth now and are quite limited feature wise.

I was attracted by the Amazon eufycam price reduction. It ends today, so I thought I’d better order two additional cams.

I’ve searched for as much info as possible before they arrive, only finding a ‘get started’ pdf. However, after finding & reading this thread and the lack of any response from eufy, I’ve just now cancelled the Amazon order.
I’ll be looking at the new Blinks when they launch in the UK.

2 Likes

With the latest Homebase Firmware Update 1.0.9.9 and the eufycam Firmware Update 1.8.8 eufy finally (partially and/or completely) fixed or solved some points of the List, as following:

UPDATE of the TO-DO List + COMMENTS about the update

Point 4 has been moved to the “solved” section of the list!
It is still not possible to change the timestamp color , but as eufy finally added a black outline around the white timestamp it is at least readable on very bright or even white backgrounds. NOT PERFECT as point 4 wanted something more, but it is good enough to set point 4 as “solved”. Thanks
Regarding this i would like to mention POINT 3(!) which is still not solved but could be easily done in the meanwhile.

Comments

• “Optimized HomeBase Audio” - as this “info” is meaningless and very vague, we do not know what this means and what has changes, so we can not check or verify this update info.
  • “Optimized the buffer time of video play” - needs to be observed over longer time to check/see difference or improvement.
  • “Fixed some microSD card errors” - as this “info” is meaningless and very vague, we do not know what this means and what has changes, so we can not check or verify this update info.
  • “Fixed the issue that the audio and video might not sync-up in some videos” - needs to be observed over longer time to check/see difference or improvement. What i can see currently/already is, that i still have the problem that the sound/mic on some videos starts 2-6 seconds after the video started. Not meaning audio/video it is out of sync, it is just like someone turned on the mic just x-seconds after the video started to record. So the first seconds of some/several record is just without audio.

:sos: @AnkerSupport @AnkerTechnical @AnkerOfficial

I just wanted to edit my first post (the TO-DO-List) to move point 4 to the “done” section, but either i am blind this morning or i can’t find or not be able anymore to edit my post! :scream: Please assist and help and make it editable again for me. Thanks!

@yamyam Only admins and mods can modify posts older than 2 months due to either settings of the community and/or limitations of the coding…

Will move point 4 moved to the completed / resolved section of your post shortly

1 Like

Oh … thats very sad and uncomfortable. Specifically in view of the fact that every “edit” can be retraced so everyone can see, even after months, what has changed or updated.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

But as i am NOT able anymore to ADD new points to the list or MOVE fixed issues and points to the solved section, i need to bother you or other admins several times in the future … or i need to “create” the TO-DO-List new every 8 weeks :frowning:

1 Like

So what happens guys, if eufy is NOT telling us detailed and on every possible “channel” what they have done with the latest updates for the homebase and cams? … CORRECTLY … we do not know about it and don’t have a clue that some of the points are already solved/fixed/done! :laughing: :astonished: :thumbsdown:

So just by mistake and coincidence i found out yesterday, that in the settings it is in the meanwhile and finally possible to change from 12h to 24h time format in the timestamp! :thumbsup:

So the current Point 3 of the TO-DO List:

Adjustable TIMESTAMP format, i.e. to switch from current american format
YYYY MMM DD HH:MM:SS (12h format) to worldwide 24h format
DD.MM.YYYY HH:MM:SS (24h format)

is partially done, but only partially! We can change the time format in the timestamp finally but not yet the date format!

Currently there is only once “choice”:
YYYY MMM DD
which means for example:
2019 June 02

But we europeans and maybe some other humans on this planet prefer:
DD.MM.YYYY
which means for example:

Which is also saving a lot of “space” in the timestamp, same as changing from 12h to 24h time format!

So as it is not possible for me to change my own post / list above (first post), i need to ask @AnkerSupport @AnkerOfficial @AnkerTechnical or friendly @ndalby to update my list in the first post above as following:

UPDATE of the TO-DO List

Point 3 needs to be changed from:

to:

Adjustable TIMESTAMP date format (TIMESTAMP time format already done by eufy),
to be able to switch from current american format
YYYY MMM DD (i.e. 2019 June 02) to
DD.MM.YYYY (i.e. 02.06.2019)

THANKS!

As a test @yamyam I’ve updated the timestamp of your original post…try to see if you are now able to edit / modify :slight_smile:

1 Like

YOU ARE SMART! … I could have come up with that myself :nerd:

Works! :thumbsup:

UPDATE of the TO-DO List

Point 3 has been changed from:

to:

Adjustable TIMESTAMP date format (TIMESTAMP time format already done by eufy),
to be able to switch from current american format
YYYY MMM DD (i.e. 2019 June 02) to
DD.MM.YYYY (i.e. 02.06.2019)

Moved to the DONE section:

• DONE Adjustable TIMESTAMP time format, i.e. to switch from current (12h format) to (24h format)

UPDATE of the TO-DO List

Moved to the DONE section:

• DONE: Add the option and possibility to choose if the mic is enabled or disabled by default, if starting a live stream! (By default it is disabled actually and at least for me it is annoying to every time enable mic manually) So let the customer choose and set whatever and how they like it to be.

Comment: Very nice, this was implemented/fixed fast, thanks @AnkerSupport @AnkerOfficial :thumbsup:
Just noticed that the mic (sound) at the livestream is now enabled by default since last update.

2 Likes

Hi, yamyam, we are extremely interested in your suggestions and summary of your questions.

• eufyCam’s activity zone feature has been supported, please download the latest version to use. We are currently working on multi-language support and development, so these feature updates are being put on hold.

• The snooze feature will be launched around the end of July, please stay tuned!

• As for your other feature requirements, we will evaluate them as soon as possible and give you a synchronized version update plan.

Thank you very much for your attention to detail and support for the eufycam. We truly appreciate it and will get back to you soon!

3 Likes

Lot of users are waiting for this feature. Hope you stay on July time lines , we can always wait for a month.

Also, the zones need to be flexible, multi-point polygon (a rectangle is not suitable for everyone), similar to the feature in newly released Eufy video doorbell. Hope this would be a quick fix as you already figured it out.

Finally, Thanks for listening @AnkerSupport :+1:

1 Like

:question:

:bangbang:

1 Like

Whats going on with the dates on this thread? Early in the thread the date stamp say Aug 2019… it’s still June

@AnkerOfficial @AnkerSupport @AnkerTechnical

:musical_score: The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind … the answer is blowing in the wind. :notes:

@TheDude … uhm … but interesting to notice that your attention is paid more
to the timestamp of the posts than to the topic of this thread :disappointed_relieved: :wink:

@yamyam
No eufy cam=IDGAF

Care about the forum though😁

1 Like