Galaxy S10 can act as wireless charger

Huawei beat Samsung to charging other devices with their smartphone. This is a neat feature, but it only allows up to 4.5watt charging. Huawei marketed it as a feature to charge your friends phone; Samsung has done better by talking about the usefulness of charging your Galaxy Buds.

Rumor has it that Apple will be looking to do this with this years iPhone and the AirPods 2.

2 Likes

That will be the fastest Apple has ever moved on anything :laughing:

2 Likes

Hey, they were only two years late on BT 5.0 :joy:

2 Likes

Surely with wireless charging inefficiency the giving phone would deplete far more then the receiving phone?

Feels a dumb idea, just buy a Powercore Slim 5000?
(that’s what I do)

4 Likes

Why spend so much $$$$$ just to wireless charge other device … Once you load up the phone with apps such as Facebook, so long with charging, a spare charger may be required for the S10

I don’t think it is meant for everyday use as wireless charger. But for some scenarios it may come handy. It will be real useful if you carry wireless earbuds regularly.

1 Like

For sure. If the new iPhone had this with the wireless charging AirPods case, there’s no way I wouldn’t use it regularly.

As it is, I always end the day with ~30% battery on my iPhone, keeping the AirPods charged up would be super convenient.

Great idea from Samsung and I’m sure it will be useful on certain scenarios. I’ll will probably take a couple of years to evolve to something truly useful. It will be nice to show it off tho :+1:

1 Like

WoW! That is super impressive! I saw Verizon has it in stock now. If you buy an S10 they will give you an S10e for free or $750 off the S10. Hmmmmm, my head is still stuck with XS Max… but I’m still thinking about it!

1 Like

That is what you call innovation. Sickest and coolest smart-phone features ever :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::yum::open_mouth::scream::astonished:

1 Like

For those who don’t know much yet, or just interested…

I HAVENT READ THIS YET MYSELF

1 Like

@Corwin_Davis_Khoe I am super impressed with all the tech this new phone has. Still I am an Apple iPhone fan… wish Apple would shove all of this tech in their new releases!

1 Like

Give it five years, and I’m sure you’ll get it… Just like wireless charging :crazy_face:

Of course by then, well have moved forward even more! lol

2 Likes

Curious.

Has Apple announced any 2016 tech yet? I guess we need to let others do their 2019 thing before Apple does their 2016 thing.

5 Likes

haha apple haven’t released anything that blows the mind of people. they need to be more like samsung and make their technology better.

1 Like

I’ll be going in next week to get a s10+ prob in black, but may get the green… Anyone seen colours in real, or just screen

Wish the green color was released in the US. I was gonna go with the blue but ended up going with the prism white. Unfortunately I haven’t had time to go see them in stores but I bet they look great (except for the pink/orange/salmon color)

Well I’ve pre-ordered the galaxy S10+ in prism green.

I pick it up a week on Monday… If lucky sooner.

I already ordered a nice clear case with black highlights.

Remember to check the promotion for the wireless earbuds once you have your device

Oh, I will :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: