Fix for notifications not working on Eufycam

So my notification and facial recognition stopped working sometime after the last update that was pushed out. Last night, as a last ditch effort, I tried formatting the SD card, then restarting the base. Everything is now working again. While this isn’t ideal as I lost my video history, it did work. Hopefully it holds this time!

1 Like

My notifications not working too… it did work until yesterday. I didn’t change any settings since then, but it decided to stop notificiations now…
will go home and restart to see if it will work

Format & restart through the app or removed SD card formatted & put back then restarted on the homebase?

I formatted through the app, then restarted through the app and it’s been working ever since.

What exactly was the problem you were getting before?

My notifications never identify me, but sometimes if I look at the clips it has recorded it has my picture next to them… So the system knows it saw me but doesn’t put that in the notification.

If you are a “known person” you aren’t supposed to get alerted. It should just record the clip and put your face with it…Are you a known trusted person in the system?

The problem I had is I was getting NO notifications at all, and It wasn’t recognizing anyone’s faces, let alone a trusted known person.

In theory I would agree but I know that on the first day I got my alerts setup, I was getting the occasional messaging saying something like “[My name] spotted.”

That doesn’t happen any more.

I’m in the same boat. I reached out to support yesterday, they informed me I had the wrong firmware for my HB. But auto-update is the only way to get said firmware. All notifications were working until sometime last week. They also stated that I wouldn’t get a notification unless it captures a “face”. Very rarely do people drive onto my property with their head out the window. Still found the response peculiar, because I was getting everything last week including door sensor notifications and it appears others were too. All they said they could do was relay the information to the developer and for me to “reboot” my home base and hope it gets the update soon.

I guess I’ll give the format option a try, which I find pretty lousy. I feel like the Cameras are a fully backed solution, but the app… is still sitting in the mixing bowl.

Did they tell you how to get the firmware to update? Mine is on 10.5.9, apparently 10.6.4 is available…

It’s automatic. Nothing we can do at this point to “fetch”

Mine is 1.0.5.9 too… how long the new version has been out?