Features or changes you would like to see come to the Anker forum?

Agreed, BUT Usb-c is the future. In fact, rumor has it that Apple ID even going to switch over to Usb-c with their iPhone 8 (Apple is usually the one of the last to switch to new, advanced technologies). Several other phones have also been making the transition over to Usb-c. (Google pixel, note 7, lg v20 - I think, etc…). Anker is already starting to make more and more of their portable chargers include a Usb-c input, fortunately and luckily. I really appreciate that! Way to go Anker! But I do agree with you: at least one power bank with a lightning input from Anker would be pretty neat.

2 Likes

Agreed. I mentioned this last month. A standalone app would be awesome.

1 Like

Any chance of your forums going onto Tapatalk?

1 Like

would love to have an app I could check the forum/power user stuff on. would do it so more often on commutes for example.

2 Likes

In the forum page; If i want to subscribe (in the footer section), the posts keep loading and pushes the footer section down. Can it be either moved to the top or the footer section be made static?

1 Like

I wasn’t sure where to post this seeing how I wasn’t able to locate an reference to a Suggestion area. Is it possible to include a Suggestion area to the forums?.. I realize that this could be misleading as to users wanting to suggest products… but I’m referring to suggestions geared towards the forum itself.

IE: Product Reviews, App Reviews, “How To” area, Maybe Even User Blogs added to Anker’s blog category etc…

1 Like

Update:

I’ve since submitted a request to delete the above “T0ASTERvan” account/screen name.

Next:
I was searching the forum for link to alternate profiles like Twitter, Flickr, Facebook, Instagram & Tumblr etc… Not only is one allowed to enter a bio about themselves, but adding links to other sites which one uses could extend the range of information to all viewing.

Next:
This might sound a bit odd… But why doesn’t Anker have shirt, hats, coffee cups, decals etc?..

Next
I’d like to be able to send a report to the moderators as a request to make a topic or post a sticky… Typically some forums sites have a report options but also a request a sticky option.

1 Like

I believe they do have a small amount of branded merchandise which they offer via competitions and/or giveaways via social media (a shirt was the last I saw on someones twitter feed, which looked pretty cool but in a not obvious ‘hey its Anker’ kinda way).

They probably think they isn’t much of a market to start selling branded shirts etc so they just occasionally offer as promotional merchandise, which is certainly cheaper than offering free product samples in the long run to promote ‘Anker’ as a brand…

2 Likes

Another one for the list (noticed more from the review week which is currently in progress). Ability to insert multiple photos as a gallery, instead of individual photos stacked in the post.

2 Likes

What about anti bot measures for replies and/or new threads?

1 Like

When uploading images the cap is 3k and that’s way to low. If I take a pic with my phone I have to edit the image down way to much. Sometimes I can’t get it that low or I don’t have time to send it to the desktop or even have access to edit images. Most sites I use and use to admin had limits of at least 5k or higher.

I know we upload to sites like Flickr but I’m not a fan putting random images and most other sites don’t like direct link image sharing unless the site is pulling the image and downloading to this site.

1 Like

If raising the limit is not currently an option for them, the ability for the system to automatically convert to a more acceptable format/size would be a good alternative.

Have you tried taking the pictures at a lower res to begin with?

This is my Suggestions.

Home
Home page should change it with Blog page. Because in home page it is mix of Blog page & Forum page.

So just one click on Home page we all know what is going on with Anker.

Blog
Blog Page Should change with Deals & Giveaways. This way if people sign up for Anker.com. They know what is great deal going on without click for Forum - Categories - than deal. Half people don’t know this.

Forum
On forum it should be New, Top, Products Discussion & General.

Thank you
Tarak

Would be good for products discussion to have a sub category for ‘reviews’ also.

2 Likes

A special section for reviews of Anker products

1 Like

I was really enjoying testing products but for months now my “Power User” section shows no products for review. I guess I’m not a big blogger so others might have priority as test users…but I do miss that a lot!

Hi @AndreC , in light of Amazon’s review changes the power user program is essentially finished in it’s previous format of having a limited number of demo products at a first come, first served basis.

Anker may still reach out to users to test current or future products if they have either some method of reviewing (blog/youtube) and/or have demonstrated reviewing or product specialty in the community.

Not really. When your phone shoots at 16 megapixels and my camera shoots at 24 megapixels. Lower the res and lower image file sizes limits the ability to edit images. I’m not going to clutter up my image catalog with multiples of the same imges than I have to.

With Amazon’s changes affecting Power Users, a Power Users section is needed more now; than ever. It might be worth trying a few things with Power Users, whether it’s exclusive updates, offers and things we can share on the communities we’re a part of. As @ndalby mentioned it might be possible that Anker approaches Power-Users, I’ve personally not received anything yet (crosses fingers?!) but would be useful to keep in touch.

A review section would also be fantastic.

2 Likes