FCC SoundCore Flare+

The Flare+ has finally hit FCC, rocking a strap as well, thoughts?

Key Features

20w (up from 12w on Flare)
14.5hr play time (up 2.5hrs)
4hr charge time (from 2A charger)
USB power output (1A)
BT5.0
320g heavier than the Flare, 1cm wider, 3cm taller

As with previous, it seems the stereo pairing is limited to it’s own model…

7 Likes

Surprised the playtime only goes to 14.5 hours, since the Flare was at 12. It’s also not much bigger than the Flare. Almost twice as heavy though, which I guess is why it has a strap.

Good to see; we now know much more.

• Battery life is rated at 14.5 hours, down from the previously reported 20, but still up from the 12 of the Flare
  • Bluetooth 5.0!
  • USB output is just 5V/1A
  • Audio output is 10W * 2, different than the reported 25W
  • 61% heavier than Flare
  • No signs of NFC (some reports previously)
  • Still Micro-USB (not reported otherwise, but come on)
  • Should still be on target for August release

Of course, this is all assuming the specs are correct, which isn’t always the case, especially for FCC listings.

Next up on the list are Model Zero+, which has been on Soundcore’s website since the beginning, and Life NC, which was unveiled back in January at CES. Hopefully we see both of these pass through the FCC soon.

1 Like

I have to confess I never quite understood the design on those necklace wireless earbuds… I guess the extra space makes for better battery and connection, but it still looks odd to me whenever I see someone using it.

I use a pair of Soundbuds Life all day every day and the reason I chose these over some others is the great sound quality (bigger drivers) and great battery life. The Buds are rated for 24hours if playback but I get that and then some over a full week of use without charging. They’re amazing! I’m anxiously awaiting the NC update.

2 Likes

I wonder if you will be able to pair the flare and flare+ in stereo or if it’s limited only to each specific model.

From what we have read it’s only like models that can be paired together, but if one of us gets it and we have the regular flare I’m sure we can try it out and report back

Probably won’t. I own a pair of Flares and a Motion Q. I can pair the Flares, but not one Flare and the Motion Q, unfortunately.

I also wondered if it would be possible to pair more than two units of the same model - not in stereo, just boost mode. Anyone knows?

1 Like

I’ve seen some anecdotal reports in the Amazon product Q&A that people have been able to pair the Flare and the Soundcore Motion B, though these folks didn’t mention whether they used Boost or Stereo mode.

And the Flare+ is now available in the Soundcore app.

Interesting… @AnkerOfficial , could you offer some clarification on whether you can pair two different speakers and if you can pair more than 2?

Double the fun :joy::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
BIGGER BATTERY WOULD BE NICE :smirk::smirk::disappointed:

Would be nice to have some official feedback, especially since the Soundcore site describes the app this way:

SOUNDCORE APP
Flare is the first speaker to utilize the all-new Soundcore app; simple-but-powerful software that allows complete customization of any Soundcore device. Adjust sound profiles, lighting, and more with the tap of a finger.

UPDATE: You can pair a Flare and Flare+! (obviously not in stereo model). This is awesome!

3 Likes

UPDATE 8-18-18:

While we knew all along it was very possible that the specs from the FCC user’s manual were incorrect (as they often are), it’s now more likely than ever, as we have new information that is much more in line with what we originally thought.

• 360° Sound: Flare+ takes 360° sound and pumps it up—making your music shine. The addition of two tweeters fuels high frequencies with incredible detail and clarity, while the dual full-range drivers and bass radiators supply smooth mids and deep bass.
  • BassUp Technology: A customized digital signal processor first analyzes, then enhances your music’s bass frequencies in real time. This audio signal is then turned into intensified sound via state-of-the-art neodymium drivers. Just press the BassUp button and prepare yourself for power.
  • Beat-Driven Light Show: Watch a halo of LEDs phase, pulse, and shine with the rhythm of your music for a completely immersive audiovisual experience. Multiple customizable modes elevate the atmosphere of any event or setting.
  • 20-Hour Playtime: Flare+ is equipped with exclusive Power Boost technology to intelligently manage power usage for playtime that outlasts even the wildest all-night parties. Phone low on battery? Charge while you listen via the built-in USB port.
  • Pool Party Proof: No matter where the music needs to be, Flare+ is suited up and ready. Super-safe IPX7 protection effortlessly withstands spills, rain, and even complete submersion in water.
    NOTE: charging cover should remain closed when near water.
  • Soundcore App: Flare+ utilizes the all-new Soundcore app; simple-but-powerful software that allows complete customization of Flare+'s sound and lights via smartphone or tablet.
  • Google Fast Pairing: Effortless pairing for Android devices is coming soon to Flare+.
  • Note: For optimal performance in Wireless Stereo Mode, position speakers within 16 ft (5 m) of each other indoors, or 48 ft (15 m) in open spaces. Flare+ can also be connected with a Soundcore Flare speaker.

All of these details can be found on the recently updated Amazon link. It’s highly likely that the launch of Flare+ is imminent.

THOUGHTS?!

1 Like