Eufycam E not working with Alexa skill

Hi,
I purchased last week a Eufycam E Kit with tea cams. Installation was easy and the Image quality at day and night is great. Unfortunately I can’t get the cams work with my Echo Show Gen. 1. I can install the skill and Alexa also discovers both devices. When I say:“Alexa, show me the garden.“ it starts but she answers „the camera cannot be connected.“. The display flickers 1 or two times, but now image is displayed I run the skill from the German store and cams and HomeBase have the latest firmware installed (cams 1.8.3, HB 1.8.6).
Restating the HomeBase, de-/reactivating the skill don‘t help. Can anyone help me with that? I also noticed that RTSP is totally unreliable. Does that have any context with the Alexa

Many thanks in advance!

What is the wifi signal strength of the cameras? I found that if the wifi signal strength is less than 3 bars the alexa skill has a problem connecting to the camera.

It is at 3-4 bars. But it also fails if the cams are next to the HomeBase and the echo show.

@Fozi Welcome to the community. I haven’t tried Alexa skills myself, you could reach out to support@eufylife.com, they would definitely help you with this issue.

I‘ve sent out an email this morning to support. Let’s see what they can do.

1 Like

I noticed that the Alexa skill doesn’t work when the microphone of the camera is switched off.

Alexa - now not only recording your voice , but also recording your environment via camera !
That is exactely what I was waiting for - since 1984, at that time was called televisor…

I checked that and the mic is turned on. But still Alexa can’t connect to the cams. :frowning:

@Fozi Hope your issue will be resolved soon by eufy support team. Please post it here when you get a response from support for the benefit of other community members.

Eufy Support is taking care today. If the problem is solved I‘ll post the solution here.

1 Like

Any ideas here @yamyam ?

I don’t think eufy released Alex compatibility to EU yet? @yamyam to confirm

Sorry bro’s … i do not use the worst and most dangerous app ever, whatsapp, and i also do not use the worst and most dangerous social network ever, facebook, and i will never ever.

As saying this, and you are guessing right, i do not own any of those “great listening spy-hardware” like alexa, google home, and so on. And probably never ever will.

So sorry, in cases of eavesdropping hardware, i just can’t help you :disappointed_relieved:
I know you all love those tools and even my very conservative mum got Alexa and uses it. But i personally think those privately operated “monitor devices” are like using a badass firewall or failing antivirus tool … :laughing:

Thats the only thing i can confirm about Alexa and Europe in combination with eufy cams.

Wooow… I dont know what was that all about :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

All I asked was if you knew about the issue of Alexa not working with Eufycam E mentioned on this thread since you had tested the Eufycams extensively per your earlier posts… :peace: :slight_smile:

But I believe you confirmed you have not tested with Alexa

1 Like

Sorry dude … just reacting some kind of “allergic” when it comes to state or company supervisions :innocent:
I just love and protect my data :smiling_imp:
Sorry if i had been a little bit off topic :grin:

That is correct @cshenoy :grin:

1 Like

Thanks @yamyam for your feedback.

I don’t think eufy released Alex compatibility to EU yet? @yamyam to confirm

Thats the only thing i can confirm about Alexa and Europe in combination with eufy cams.

That is in fact interesting, as the Alexa sklill is advertised on the german skillstore and can be activated from there, even in French, Italian and Spanisch (see screenshot).

The questions I have are:

1. If EufyCam and Alexa don’t work in EU yet, so why is the skill available in EU? This causes only confusion and frustration on customer side and wasteful support effort on Eufy’s side.

2. By now I have received no solution from support, they had just a few queries regarding Internet and WLAN connectivity yet. So, again, if the Eufy-Alexa combo is not available in EU yet, why does support not know about that?

All i know is that Alexa got the multi-language support already, as shown in the sheet. But i don’t know if this also means it will be available and useable in this languages/countries:

I would have heard that if alexa would have been working in EU/Germany in the meanwhile, i guess … but i am only just a stupid human and i can be wrong. Maybe it is actually working in EU/Germany and i just didn’t noticed that fact.

But yes, if it is already available in the german skillstore and the skill won’t “work”, it would be very suspicious. I am not skilled with the alexa skills, but i guess if the skill is available, it also should be useable, right? We will need to wait for an official answer i guess.

1 Like

Thanks for your quick response, @yamyam.
Obviously you seem to have fairly good insights, thanks for sharing them with us! I appriciate that.

For the time beeing, we’ll wait for the official announcement/state from Eufy.

2 Likes

Any update on this issue? Im having the same problem with 2C cams after been working smoothly for a couple of weeks no alexa says xxx device doesnt respond but the cams can be accessed fron the eufy app nornally.

Thanks!

Also have problems showing the live feed on my echo show and there are a lot of bad reviews for the Alexa skill. When will this be fixed? The cams are advertised with Alexa compatibility. Also activity zones are not working!