Eufycam cracked lens

May be due to combination of plastic and glass, one contracts/expands and the other doesn’t. I am not an expert at material properties. I haven’t heard that issue with our Canadian folks where they saw around -24C, touch wood !

1 Like

With a name like ice1 I thought you’d be the go-to guy :wink:

I had one of my Arlo cameras do that when they first came out. I was one of the early beta testers and @Jesse_Hernandez1 is right about the lens surround being too tight. Netgears engineering team refined it and resent the camera and I didn’t have any issues after that.

3 Likes

Now you know, not to get deceived by names, lol

1 Like

Eufysupport got back to me within 24 hours. Faulty camera has been returned for replacement :smiley:

5 Likes

That was a quick repose from a support team. Good to know we have a reliable customer service team.

New camera arrived today. All up and running. Thank you @AnkerSupport

1 Like

sucks that it happen but glad they were able to replace it fast and without any issues

Outstanding support team @AnkerSupport :thumbsup:

Thats what is expected of support. Great Job :thumbsup:

Not too bad of a turn around, glad you got it back up and running. If you get a chance you should leave a review

@AnkerSupport So, the replacement camera’s lens has cracked :rage: Another support request…

1 Like

Very annoying for you and sad that this quality fail issue still exists!

I have plenty of regular eufy cams, where “just” of one of it got a cracked lense till yet, but a friends cam also got cracked and from kickstarter i know that there have been plenty of customers with crecked lenses.

I just ordered my first three eufy cam E yesterday and hope they have better quality and no cracked lenses will occur.

But at least the support is great, fast and you will get another replacement cam.

1 Like

@Springfield sorry to hear man, hope you will get a better cam this time. Good thing is we have excellent support team to take care of us.

I bought 4 cameras and base unit in April this year. 2 of the cameras have developed cracks in their lenses as well. Written to Eufy Support and awaiting response from them.

Such a shame. Eufy needs to pick up the game

1 Like

Oh my … the eufy cracklense cam is well known since their start, i thought they have fixed the issue. But as you bought them on april already, i guess you got some from the “old lot”.

But don’t worry, eufy need to and will replace the cams for you.

1 Like

@AnkerSupport what am I supposed to do. I got the following reply from Eufylife support:

Dear xxx,
Nice to hear from you.
Thanks for your information. Please reach out to JB HIFI to process a warranty claim, as we do not have any record of your purchase in our system. If we can offer further assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We’re always ready to help with!
Have a lovely day!
Reference Ticket#28898725 if contacting a CSR

I had written in my initial email to Eufylife Support that JB HiFi had wanted a return authorization number from Eufy before they are able to replace. I had provided Eufylife Support with my receipt and the SNs of the cameras. I am highly disappointed with this reply from Eufylife Support at the moment, specially as this is a known issue.

Yeah they have said before that they only give warranty if you purchase from them directly or Amazon

It’s absolutely shocking behaviour from a company & several people have been affected by it

1 Like

At the bottom of the email they sent you, there is link to “escalate the situation”. Click that link, and fill out the form.