Eufy Security Camera first review

Just received my two pack Eufy security camera and pretty easy to set up. The biggest challenge so far is the main one I have pointing on my driveway seems to pick people up very late and it just barely captures them before they go off screen and head down the walkway to my front door. I have the device set to maximum sensitivity but it just doesn’t seem to pick motion up soon enough to create a meaningful record (in this case walking up the driveway). When you end up with short snippets of video versus longer stream of motion, it starts to feel like a wireless system comes with a big compromise to save battery life. The video quality is moderate and during the night with outside lights on maybe a C+ at best (nothing is really discernable and certainly would not be strong enough to identify any trespassers as evidence if necessary.
The other interesting thing is where they decided to put the charging plug if you choose to hardwire the power to the unit. It is right at the upper back and interferes with the fixed mounting bracket when installed on the underside of a soffit. Very strange that no one would have thought of the limitation with that placement.
Anyways, at this point I am having a bit of a knot in my stomach about backing this product for the price I paid and wonder if it really is going to produce anything valuable.

3 Likes

Nice review! thanks for sharing :ok_hand:

1 Like

@Muhammad_02 Welcome to the community, can you please give the rules a look over as points trading, such as asking for likes is not condoned…

https://community.anker.com/power_draw/rules

3 Likes

Thanks for the review. We hear ya!

We’re curious… what firmware version are you on?

1 Like

Thanks for the review, also very nice that @AnkerSupport is noticing! Great customer support Anker/Eufy, also remedying an, honestly, failed launch.

1 Like