Eufy robovac 11 brush motor gear failure

I was taking a short look here in DE for such gearwheels.
I am sure I would find a replacement.
eg. There are sets of such nylon gearwheels at Amazon.de

But as I donā€™t have the measurements I couldnā€™t find the fitting one.
The diameter could be found easy. The only problem might be the middle hole. (But this could be thrilled or filled by a brass bush)

A friend of mine, an old model builder says it would be difficult to print a gearwheel by 3D in nylon.
Other materials should be to hard and not flexible enough.

1 Like

Here is a link for DE.
Those sites should exist in CA/US as well.

https://www.modellbau-profi.de/Zahnraeder-und-Getriebe/Kunststoffzahnraeder.htm?SessionId=&a=catalog&p=1432

So this should be a hint for DE RoboVac customers as well, who might have such a gearwheel problem. :grin:

1 Like

Iā€™ve got the same issue with the same stripped gear on the side brush motor. The issue I see with the thingiverse version, is that it is not an angled gear that meshes to the main motor gear. It looks like it has about a 20 deg taper for the main gear. I measured the outside diameter to be 21.1 mm, and reduction (inner) gear to be ~5.7mm OD. I counted 41 teeth on the outer gear and 10 teeth on the inner gear. The inner gear does not appear to have a tapered angle.

1 Like

Could you take a photo of that gearwheel please.
The ā€œold tinkersā€ would like to see! :grin:

Can you please tell me how to open vac up to get to the gears? I have all screws out but it wonā€™t lift apart in one section

I never did, but there was a fellow who did and there he showed photos
here at the forum.
Please search for those.
I am in hurry : Opera! :joy:

Hi, I have exactly the same problem, different vaccum but I think a lot of them use the same chassis. Did you get anywhere with it?

Ok, so I have drawn itā€™s replacement and sent it off for 3d printing. First time I have done either so no idea how itā€™s going to turn out.

@melissanmaggie did you do the two sneaky screws under the roller?

1 Like

Great.
Mostly those gear wheel are broken by debris and hairs.
A skilled person can change these easily,
THANK YOU FOR THAT LINK!

You can see here a broken tooth caused a stripped gear on a 30C. And after only 6 months of use!

Made a request to the rushgears site (thanks) but hopefully can find something sooner. For now, Eufy is running much quieter with only one brush.

I think such a gear can be found as it should be nothing exotic.
Before you replace it : GREASE!

I have the dreaded stripped side brush gear issue as well. Has anyone found a replacement source? I have contacted a supplier in China via eBay but I need the ID of the gear. The OD of the large and small gear was in another post, 21.1mm 40 teeth large gear and 5.7mm 10 teeth with the large gear having a 20 degree taper. I have not verified this but Iā€™m searching based on this but need the ID.

Do you have a website or supplier for the gears?

Modelmaker suppliers ( Google should help!) :wink:
Merry Christmas!

I tried searching the internet for hours and have not found a helical reduction gear. (21.1mm 40 teeth large gear and 5.7mm 10 teeth for small) The larger helical gear is what is making this hard to find. I did find several listings on eBay for the entire motor & gear box in the $15 area. If someone knows of a site for just the gear please list the address. Just stating ā€œUse Googleā€ is not very helpful. My fear is that if there is a supplier hiding out there the shipping will bring it close to the price I mentioned above.

As far I see you found a replacement including the motor.
I suppose you have checked all such suppliers.
https://www.amazon.de/s?k=zahnrƤder+modellbau&ref=choice_dp_b

I received the two replacement side brush motor assemblies I bought from two different vendors on eBay. Funny thing is I ordered one from a California location and one from China and they both showed up via USPS on the same day. I opened both packages and they both appeared to be used. They both had some dust on them along with a few scratches. One actually had a small dust bunny on it with some hair! My thought is they disassembled old machines and sell the parts. Both listing called the parts ā€œnewā€.
So I watched a YouTube video on disassembly and removed the original motor assembly. When I tried to place the ā€œnewā€ assembly in to position it would not fit. There are three screw holes and I could only get 2 of the 3 to align after trying several times. I gave up and swapped the two gears and all is well. Iā€™m okay with spending $10 for a set of gears.
I sent a message to both eBay vendors of the problem notifying them that they didnā€™t fit. They are listed as Eufy RoboVac11 so maybe they came out of another model 11 that is not the 11s.
Oh well - Iā€™m happy that the gears were an identical match. Opening up the two motor assemblies and swapping the gears only took a minute.

1 Like

Thats great and thank you sharing your success with us.