Eufy noisey

Bearings in the vacuum have gone bad. Common with their product which is why they are so quick to replace. I, unfortunately, bought mine open box on Ebay. It barely made it 3 weeks on all bare floor. Customer support verified it was the bearing within the brush housing that has gone bad; Entire unit will need replacing but I did not purchase through them. Luckily, I was able to get a refund from the eBay seller since it was less than 30 days before the horrible noise. I LOVED my Eufy 30, now I can’t stand the sound of it!

Better fix your b design or your product is going to get horrible reviews… It’s about to get one right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just wanted to post this here because the same loud noises were driving me crazy with my unit and I found a solution. If you take out the roller / rotating brush, and wrap a very thin piece of duct tape (only one wrap-around) and then carefully put that back into place, this will stop the loud rattling sound. I guess it’s just the rattling of the plastic inside that’s causing the noise and this either muffles it or absorbs the impact. Either way, cheap fix and works perfect

5 Likes

Yes, there was another user of the RoboVac 11S mentioned a similar issue.
He found the free side of the middle brush which is running freely, was scratching at the blue plastic covering.
This was causing that noise.
He grinded it a little and all was fine. :grin:

1 Like

I had the same noise problem and the source was the roller brush. I used the duct tape repair and all is good for now.? I don’t have much hope for this lasting very long. After just three months of use it’s starting show ware. My three year old Neato shows less wear. It’s slow like a tank and Eufy is like a sports car that’s fast, but needs lots of maintenance.

2 Likes

This, duct tape on the roller brush, helped with mine; it’s pretty quiet now. I’m unsure if this will last long though. We should be able to get a replacement product, I’ll look into it. Hopefully this isn’t happening to all the vacuums; I really love this vacuum and wish this wasn’t an issue.

2 Likes

Same noise. Same problem. I noticed a little side-to-side play had developed with the roller brush, so I found a nylon washer and slipped it into the space between the free end of the brush and the housing. Sounds like it’s almost new again. Not sure how long that washer will last, but they’re pretty cheap.

3 Likes

Simply replace the main brush, and your eufy will sound like new! Ebay has them starting around $4.52

1 Like

But a little “attachment” which has been mentioned above is much better than to spend 5 bucks.
AND!!! Avoid garbage if possible!

Mine did the same thing. I removed the main roller brush, and compared it to a new one, and the difference was striking! The old brush had simply worn down, and the bristles were “flared”. The result was a roller brush that was now “undersized” . I replaced it with a new brush, and the smiles returned!

1 Like

I have had a chance to further investigate the problem. The REAL problem is that debris, hair, etc. somehow make there way into the bearing housing on the main brush. This than causes the bearing to stop rotating, and then begins to wear out the brush guard that traps the bearing housing in place. This results in the main brush becoming loose, and accelerating the wear process. NOTHING mentioned above will actually address the problem, and will likely exacerbate it instead. No amount of duct tape, or teflon will actually fix the problem, but will likely cause more expensive problems!
The solution is pretty simple actually. The bearing housing can be removed by prying it straight up using a strong knife. Be sure to press the knife as close as possible to the brush shaft. with the housing removed, use a similar method to remove the bearing. (Note: the shaft may come with it, but that wont hurt anything). Now you can remove the crud that is preventing the bearing from rotating, and re-assemble in reverse order.
This does NOT address the problem of the worn area on the brush guard, and short of using a 3D printer to generate a new one, the average cost on eBay is around $11.00.
The best option would be to include periodically cleaning the bearing, and perhaps lubricating with some white grease.

2 Likes

Great.

To make the whole thing more clear,
some photos would be nice.

This worked for me as well. I cut a tiny strip of duct tape so it fit around all four sides of the piece that májese the scrubber fit into the unit to spin.

2 Likes

2 Likes

After reading the the tips about the drive end of the roller bar. I went and got the hot glue gun and put a dab of hot glue into the female end housing and immediately inset the male drive end into the square drive. Vola no more noise and a sweet sounding RoboVac 30.
Make sure you don’t put to much glue as it will push out onto the housing and the end of the roller bar which will cause drag and the drive motor will shut downs it will be working to hard.
You then need to dig out the cold glue and put in a smaller amount.
We are going to order a new roller bar but untill it arrives this works great and the noise isn’t causing us to resent our dependable robot LOL.

1 Like

I am also having a problem with noise with my Eufy Robovac 11. I’m relatively certain that the origin of the noise is the rotating side sweepers, not the central one, and was wondering if there was any advice about how to disassemble these and remove any debris that might be causing the problem. Thanks!

1 Like

You find excellent videos showing you how to disassemble such a roboVac.
Give it a try.

1 Like

Outstanding solution! Thanks alot! The noise was driving us nuts to the point of scrapping it. I tried all the other solutions but this was the answer. Duct tape strikes again! :O)

3 Likes

Mine has the same noise. Sent them a video to show them as they requested. Not impressed. this clearly is a design issue and we should not have to buy a new brush, or stick duct tape over the end. I am in the UK and I found their service not great. Had to chase them. I have decided to scrap mine. Waste of money.

1 Like

You will really give the Robo to the garbage?
There might be many in UK would would like to use it for spare parts.
Too bad I am in DE, the sending cost are too high! :wink:

Hi can anyone please show me with pictures how you used tape to fix the problem or any other solutions as the noise is doing my head in

1 Like