Eufy Lumos Smart Bulb (White & Color vs Tunable White)

Iā€™ve had the Eufy Tunable White Lumos Smart Bulb for almost a year now and got bored very quickly on what I could do with that bulb.

I finally got a chance to start using the eufy White & Color Lumos Smart Bulb. I had a bit of trouble adding it to the EufyHome app. I had to reset the bulb multiple times. Once I moved out to an apartment, I reset both bulbs and still had trouble adding it to my network. Iā€™m using a Pixel 2 XL and I noticed that once it connected to the bulbā€™s ā€œwireless network,ā€ it would not register on the app. I had to disconnect and reconnect to the bulbā€™s ā€œwireless network,ā€ and finally a popup would come up asking if I wanted to stay connected even though there was no internet connection. I would have to click yes for the app to recognize the bulb and it would prompt for the password to my WiFi network. This took a lot longer than I would have liked, but Iā€™m glad they finally worked.

I love how more customizability you have with the color bulb. In addition to the different color profiles, thereā€™s already preset effects to different moods you may feel.

My current set up is a two bulb standing lamp. The white bulb is on the lower adjustable gooseneck for the reading light. It faces behind the TV. The color bulb on the main upper light. I will probably swap the two bulbs so we have more customizability during movie nights.

One of my gripes with the white bulb was that you couldnā€™t set a default brightness and color shade when turning off and on via a traditional light switch.

I had that problem at my old house since it was my main source of light in my bedroom but after moving into an apartment with a Google Home mini in the same room, I donā€™t have that need anymore. But as I was playing around with the EufyHome app, I did notice a mode within each bulb. It was called ā€œDefault Light State.ā€ Iā€™m not sure when this was added, but it is a welcomed inclusion to the app.

I will add pictures of the two bulbs when I get home from work!

3 Likes

That was an awesome review to read! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. :grin:

1 Like

Nice review

1 Like

`
Excellent review!

1 Like

Good review thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your review.

We all love pics around here :yum: