Eufy Lumos Smart Bulb 2.0 vs Philips Hue

Thanks for the comparison! Unfortunately for me no home-kit is somewhat of a dealbreaker. I’m really trying to avoid fragmentation of my smart home systems and eventually making sure everything has home kit support is the main way of doing so. Sadly that’s not a reality right now as uptake of it is pretty slow.

1 Like

Excellent overview & comparisons as usual @TechnicallyWell :ok_hand:

1 Like

Brilliant review and comparisons. I’m happy to see that Eufy has made this much smaller than the 1st gen. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good review you made.
But we expected nothing else from you! :wink:

2 Likes

Great review :thumbsup: Liked the comparison to Philips Hue. I have the original Eufy Smart Bulb (1.0), the improvements seem to be the overall size of Smartbulb and Wifi Antenna improvements - I never faced the wifi connection issues but beyond that I dont see any major difference from 1st Gen.

1 Like

Nice review/comparison. I don’t think I’ll ever get smart bulbs… they’re just too expensive. Especially since they have to be replaced all the time! I would rather just get a smart light switch :grin:

1 Like

Are you referring to them burning out? LED bulbs should last 5-10 years or more.
Or are you referring to the fact that the technology changes, because that definitely happens. :joy:

One benefit of SmartBulb Vs the Smart plug is, Dimming option along with timer schedules… I live with this feature mostly for nights when I watch TV or gentle morning wakeup

I’m referring to burning out. My house is 5000 square feet. It has over 100 bulbs. At 20 bucks a pop, that’s at least $2000 when I need to replace them.

I have never experienced a lightbulb lasting as long as it is supposed to…

@cshenoy that makes sense, but I did the cost/benefit analysis and the smart light switch won :grin:

2 Likes

Nice comparison. It looks like you are running your site on Wordpress. What theme are you using to create the charts and and graphs?

1 Like

Over 100 bulbs!!! wow, that’s a lot, makes sense for your decision

I have Max 45 bulbs at home - 10 smartbulbs with 8 smartplugs …

1 Like

Awesome review, as always @TechnicallyWell. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice comparison… thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Excellent review, pictures, and comparison. I also like the format of your website!

1 Like

Wow that’s one huge house! We live in apartment with about 20 bulbs max and don’t use a lot of them :joy:

1 Like

Andrew writes a lot, so he needs light everywhere.:joy::joy::joy:

My phone produces that light :joy:. So all I need is a battery pack to charge my phone :grin:

Great post. Like others. I really want Home Kit integration to reduce the number of apps needed to manage these.

You can get white hue bulbs for £9.99 very often on deals so if you only want white I would definitely stick with Hue. Colour bulbs are really expensive.

The other advantage of Hue is there are lots of other lights available. Strip lights, bloom, play, Hue Go, Outdoor, movement sensors etc.

1 Like

Nice review and good comparison @TechnicallyWell.
I am wondering why Anker wants to move away from Apple HomeKit. I don’t think any of Anker’s products support HomeKit integration. This may be losing customer base?
I own eufycam and really wished they support HomeKit. Now, I may eventually go with lumos but with some disappointment.
@AnkerOfficial something to consider for future projects.

2 Likes

Dang this and your website is impressive!

1 Like