Eufy Genie Smart Speaker

I think this looks pretty awesome, claims to have a better speaker, and is around $30 right now. Has anyone tried one of these yet?

I have an ecobee4 on my wall. The speaker actually sounds better than my Dot and does most of what the Dot can do. However, ESP hasn’t made it’s way over just yet (hopefully really soon), it can’t play Pandora, and it can’t make or receive calls/messages/drop-ins. I’m wondering if this has the same limitations that the ecobee4 Alexa has.

I am curios to hear what users think of this since I’m very tempted to get one.

1 Like

I would agree that the Eufy Genie’s speaker sounds better than the Echo Dot’s speaker, but not quite as good as the full-sized Echo speaker. At this point, the Eufy Genie does not having Echo calling/intercom or Bluetooth connectivity. It also does not have Pandora right now, but the Eufy app says that it’s on the way soon!

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply! That’s promising to hear. I recently read about the lack of bluetooth, which is a real bummer. I ended up biting the bullet and subscribing to Amazon Music Unlimited and mainly listen to that, but Pandora has always been a great back up and is easier to get Alexa to create a station on. This little device is just making it that much easier, and cheaper to smarten up the home.

1 Like

Eufy will be releasing a Bluetooth version shortly. It will sell for $40.

4 Likes

Great to know! Thanks for the info!

I have one and for the $30 it currently is going for with an Early Bird Discount Code I think it’s totally worth it. If anyone wants the code to snag one for $29.99 on Amazon DM me and I’ll be more than happy to send it your way! :grin:

1 Like

I’m loving mine so far. The lack of Bluetooth doesn’t bother me, I use the aux cord and plugged it into my Anker Premium 20w speaker. Sounds even better that way than a full size echo! I’m glad that Pandora is on the way, I’ll use that a lot.

2 Likes

I own an Amazon echo, this really looks promising and could be a really good competitor!

1 Like

i have one, works great but lacks some alexa skills, but eufy is working on them

How has voice recognition been for you?

Mine is not as good as Echo Dot.

1 Like

Mine either I find myself having to raise my voice a few times here and there. I feel bad doing so since it’s so cute :joy:

1 Like

I seem to have the opposite problem: my Eufy responds when I’m a good distance away in another room talking to my Echo Dot.

1 Like

I have that problem with my Ecobee. :smile:

2 Likes

no issues that i can recall, i yell across the room at it and it seems to pick up ok. I usually ask it weather, time, set timer. Occasionally ask off the wall questions but rarely. The TV sets it off sometimes but it did that with dot too, I think the eufy light goes out now after sitting idle, on old firmware i thought it stayed lit all the time. can’t remember??

1 Like

Yeah it did. The old firmware left the Eufy light on. Now it shuts its off after a few seconds. Kind of a bummer I liked that it lit up the room I have it in at night.

I had that same problem! I’d be in my kitchen where the Dot was and would say, “Alexa, set a 10 minute timer.” Then I’d hear ecoAlexa in the dining room say, “Ok, a 10 minute timer…”, but nothing from the Dot. Now I’m getting the opposite. I can be right next to the ecobee, but the Dot keeps responding instead. haha. It’s not a big deal. As long as one responds, we’re all good. :smiley: :thumbsup:

1 Like

1 Like

Do you have an Echo for comparison?

Haha, for me it’s the opposite.

1 Like