Eufy 11c 18 months old and now SCRAP!

I’m sorry you are having issues and are frustrated with the process. I know that it would frustrate me too, if you can escalate the matter to a supervisor and see what they can do for you I would try that route.
But, if all else fails and if you are willing and handy then you can attempt to repair it yourself. There are many people here and online who have had issues not just with eufy, but any Robovac in general and there are tons of YouTube videos in how to address and fix various issues. So if your willing, you can look into that, if you search on here, there have been a few who fixed there’s and documented it on here.

1 Like

I think this is the issue with mine and I’m getting a 4 beep error (brush stuck) but I believe the brush runs off the wheels too. I do need to investigate this properly so might be slightly inaccurate.

There have been videos of modifying / replacing the wheel motor if you search for robovac on here. You might find the link.

What is the issue?

Though you are frustrated, may be we could help you by giving hints for repair.
Ask please.

So to my understanding, it might be the motor because if anything was stuck in the wheel, you would notice it already

1 Like

As there is no more answer those diagnosis from far away dont help.

1 Like

Don’t feel bad. I purchased my Model 11C Pet Edition in Jan 2019 on Ebay, based partly on the warranty. It lasted until March, when it quit moving on carpet, backing up or going around objects. It just bumps into them until it throws an error message. Also, the right side brush quit working. I contacted Eufy, thinking the 12 month warranty would cover it. Big Mistake. I was told very quickly without the precious ‘original factory order number’ they would do nothing about the problems. They even went so far as to suggest I try to stick the seller and/or Ebay for the defective product! That told me right then what kind of company I am dealing with. My Eufy is now sitting in the corner while I refurbish my 6 year old Roomba. I have learned my lesson!

I’m sorry but almost NO manufacturer honors warranty for items purchased off eBay so it’s not their fault but your own.

I have escalated the problem. We will see… Thanks

1 Like

Their after sales is disgusting. I wonder if the consumer watchdogs would be interested in this?

If you don’t specify your problem, we can not give you hints, I have already told you.

While you may have had a bad experience, many others would disagree as Anker often goes above and beyond the norm when it comes sorting out post sale issues…feel free to have a search for some instances on the community…

As for @Rick_Norris1 , he did mention eBay, which raises a question if Eufy were unwilling to assist under his warranty, whether he bought it from an authorised seller…not something you can blame Anker/Eufy for on that one…

Was waiting for something like this…

1 Like

I have previously explained the problem above. The LHS Wheel has stopped turning.

I got mine from Amazon. The point is they offer NO route to repair post 12 months, and this is their Official Policy. No Repair Network, No Spares Supply. I just want the thing fixed. I think this is totally out of order for a manufacturer to abandon customers after 12 months (as their policy states!)…

And I stated earlier, I don’t want a freebee, I want to buy a replacement part or have someone repair it, and am HAPPY to pay for it…

This thread is so disappointing to read. It makes me glad I pulled the trigger on a Roomba before the Eufy Vac came out. I had a similar failure with my Roomba - one drive wheel stripped a gear - but, replacement parts are so easy to get and swap out. It was made to be modular/repairable. I absolutely see your point: You accept it’s a failure out of warranty but, come on! Carry and sell replacement parts!

1 Like

Get a Roomba and use a credit card that extends warranty by additional year

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat. I purchased a new 11c pet edition and the machine stopped functioning due to a side brush error after 14 months. The response from support matches your experience.

There should absolutely be parts available for purchase to enable repair. My vac did a good job before it stopped functioning. I should be able to return it to a functioning state for less than it costs to purchase a new or refurb’d unit.

The defective part likely cost very little to manufacture (pennies to single dollars). Storage and distribution are non-trivial costs as well, but would enable customer retention. It seems likely that the total program costs could be priced into the parts and be self funding or very nearly so.

Turning off potential repeat customers is a pretty bad business plan if you hope to build any sort of brand loyalty. I can’t really imagine that many customer that would jump at the opportunity to spend hundreds more dollars on a product with such a short expected useful life. I personally find the 15% off offer insulting.

Hi @Donovan_Smith,

We are sorry to hear your Robovac is defective. At present, we do not provide repair service for the time being, but I will deliver your feedback to our customer support department and hope that we can optimize this part of the service in the future.

We do have a refurbished RoboVac 11S on sales, here is the link below, if you are interested in it, feel free to send me a private message.:innocent:

That’s not a real good solution.
You might offer some spare parts, not only the simple brushes and filters.

These little motors cost really nothing and skilled persons can do repairs.

Throwing things which could be repaired easily away and buying new ones is not an acceptable solution ( angry)

2 Likes

Fully agree Franz :+1:

2 Likes