Do I need to upgrade my old Anker power pack

So I am stuck I have got my anker powerbank 20100 the og model which I love still use the death my go to power pack had it for about 3 years
Is it worth the upgrade to by a new one?

2 Likes

If the powerbank is working as required, I would leave it as-is without any upgrade, reduces the clutter or gadgets count, unless there is a need for higher capacity or newer features ( example - USB C port)

4 Likes

I agree with @cshenoy. If it works, and has all the functionality you want, than there is no need to upgrade. I can think of a few reason you would want to upgrade.

1. Your current powerbank doesn’t work properly
  2. You want a larger capacity
  3. You want more portability (a smaller bank)
  4. You want more functionality (USB-C for example)

There may be more reasons, but that’s what I could think of. You can weigh your reasons and let us know what you do!

Hope this is helpful :grin:

3 Likes

Seconded on all points :grin:

4 Likes

Batteries begin a steep decline after typically 18 months. If you are heavily using it, you’re talking about 500 deep cycles / 10000 part-cycles so daily use will kill it around the 2-4 years period. If the capacity you’re getting from it is acceptable, I’d keep using til capacity becomes a problem then buy. Don’t just buy one now for no good reason. As capacity reduces with use, the portion of the cycle to match your needs grows in proportion, so the cycle deepens and so accelerates aging til the amount of capacity you need exceeds what can be delivered. Then buy.

New batteries even if not used, age also, but slower if not used, so if you bought a new Powercore before you needed it, it would age, your existing would age, and you’re wasting more money. Use what you have til it dies.

3 Likes

If its not broke don’t fix it. Well I guess that will be my way to agree with all the other comments here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Doesn’t sound like you need to upgrade, especially if it’s still working to your satisfaction. I guess the question you should be asking yourself is “do you want to upgrade your powerbank?”.

1 Like

I have Anker PowerCore 5000, PowerCore Case 2750, plus 2 other Verizon Mifi Card with Charging feature and other Non-Anker Brands, and trust me, i hardly get to use these unless I am on travel (once a month)… Have the wireless chargers at home and office, plus charging hub, with all of these charging items, i would not spend more to get more powerbanks and keep using these until these die out.

2 Likes

if its broken then upgrade, otherwise why bother…

2 Likes

Or is urging to spend money :joy:

1 Like

If it’s still working as you want it… don’t bother!!

1 Like

If it’s taking longer than usual to charge or charging your device, and you want a quicker charge from the powerbank, then maybe

If the reason is, you got money to burn, then maybe consider something else?

Or donate what ya have, and go for the upgraded version of the same 20100. As the prof said… Buying too early means you’ll be paying for degradation on either or both PBs

1 Like

If it is working properly, there is no need to make any upgrade or update.
You can NOT change any technical data by such an upgrade.
The capacity will NOT change.

I agree with everyone else if it ain’t broke don’t fix it

1 Like

If you have the money and really want it, I’d say go for it. While I agree with others that if it works don’t fix it, sometimes it feels good to treat yourself so go for it. You can use your OG for a backup or leave it in your car or travel bag in case you ever forget the other one

2 Likes

If it works and provides everything you need I would keep using it until that thing stops working or you need something it can’t provide

3 Likes