Dashcam C1 Pro only saves the last segment of each drive

I had a Dashcam C1 and it kept the whole drive, erasing the oldest files when the memory filled. Now with the C1 Pro, it seems it only saves the last segment of each drive, so the memory card has the last segments of drives for the past month. I would prefer it work like the C1, where I can review the entire last few drives, rather than just the last segment. The settings on the C1 Pro are the same as what I had on the C1. Any way to get the C1 Pro to behave the same way?

Have you tried a reset on the Dashcam and/or a fresh format of the microSD card? It might be that you just have a corrupted setting or file structure.

You can reach out to support@goroav.com for further assistance or depending on your timezone you can sometimes get them on the live chat function via the www.goroav.com website.

2 Likes

Thanks. I did two things since I posted.

1. Updated to the V2 firmware (bug fixes and improved video)
  2. Formatted the microSD card

It looks to be working ok so far. Wonder if it would be better to replace the U1 SD card with a U3 speed card. I had an issue with my GoPro Hero4 with 2K at 30fps (ok at 24fps) that was fixed by going to a higher speed card.

I had a very similar problem with my C1 Pro.

I first noticed an issue when I checked footage one day and noticed there was nothing recorded for the last couple of weeks. The issue seemed to start around the time I updated to version 1.9, although I can’t be certain.

I formatted the microSD card and the issue seemed to disappear for a while, possibly until the card was full and the dash cam was overwriting older files. Again, I can’t be certain about this.

After that I did tests in the house overnight and there were significant periods of time not being recorded. I could not work out a pattern or reason as to why those periods wouldn’t be saved. I formatted again and continued to use the dash cam whilst monitoring what it recorded. Eventually it started to only save the final segment of each journey.

Throughout my issues I was in contact with Anker support who said this was a previously unreported issue and offered to send me a replacement free of charge. I’m using the replacement which is running firmware version 1.8 and I haven’t had any issues so far.

This post leads me to think that it is an issue with the firmware on the dash cam rather than it being a faulty device.

I am troubled with almost the same kind of trouble.

· Recording will start when the power is turned on, but in about 2 hours, the oldest one of the most recent files will disappear. (For example, when turning on the power at 13 o’clock and checking the file after 15 o’clock, the file at 13 o’clock which was supposed to have originally disappeared.) However, the file one week ago remains.
It seems that the law saying “to overwrite from the oldest file” is out of order.

· Parking monitoring is on (Medium). Recording will start even when shocks that close the door are detected. However, normal recording does not start after that. Recording will be lost for about 10 to 30 minutes.

I received instructions from the support to update the firmware and I did it.
Also I tried SD card with multiple pieces, but the symptoms do not improve.
Each time I am being asked various verification like an employee of ROAV.
This is pretty stressful.
I do not want to return or exchange it.
There is no problem if it can simply be used normally.

I want you to tell me what to do.

Hi @tetsu.sgw , sorry to hear your having issues and troubleshooting steps taken so far have not been favourable. A few questions;

• In regards to the overwrite issue, is the file which is remaining showing as protected/locked?
  • Have you tried either before or after the firmware update formatting the microSD card to ensure no corrupt recording ofr files are present to cause issues?

I would contact support again at support@goroav.com mentioning that you are still having issues despite the last troubleshooting option given. You can also sometimes contact them via live support on the GoRoav website.

• In regards to the overwrite issue, is the file which is remaining showing as protected/locked?

Yes

*Have you tried either before or after the firmware update formatting the microSD card to ensure no corrupt recording ofr files are present to cause issues?

Yes

It has not improved.
I received V 2.2 firmware today.
If I do not solve it even using this, I think I will do a return.

@mkpl We are so sorry that your Dashcam C1 Pro doesn’t work fine for you. Please be assured that we will help you resolve the issue ASAP. I’m glad to let you know that we have a new firmware V2.2 which might resolve the issue. Could you please update the firmware to V2.2 to see if it helps? If the firmware cannot be updated via Roav app, please email us at support@goroav.com.
@tetsu.sgw Please just try the V2.2. If you have further issue, please contact us at support@goroav.com ao that we will help you resolve the issue quickly.
@ndalby Thank you for your suggestions. Your kindly action is highly appreciated.

Actually, I haven’t hit the problem again since updating to firmware 2.0 and formatting the SD card. I’ve been mostly happy with it at this point. Also I recently updated to a U3 speed 64G SD. However, tonight I did update to 2.2 hoping for better picture quality (not yet tested). I’ve found the Roav C1 and C1 Pro dashcams tend to have the contrast or sharpness turned up too high, resulting in halos around streetlights and text.

1 Like

With the new 2.2 firmware I’m seeing some oddness. The “A” filenames are back (not there in the 2.0 firmware, but were there in an earlier version where I first noticed a problem), and some of the segments are only 1 second (I have the clip length set to 10 min):
name/length
2018_0428_140443_025.MP4 00:37 - start of 1st trip
2018_0428_140522_026A.MP4 00:01
2018_0428_140524_027A.MP4 10:01 - normal from here
2018_0428_141525_028A.MP4 10:01
2018_0428_142525_029A.MP4 10:01
2018_0428_143525_030A.MP4 01:51 - last segment of 1st trip
2018_0428_171458_031.MP4 01:48 - start of next trip
2018_0428_171648_032A.MP4 00:01
2018_0428_171650_033A.MP4 10:01
It looks like the first segment of each trip has no A in the filename and varies from 30 seconds to a few minutes, then the second segment is 1 second, then finally the third segment goes the full 10 minutes. The .info files for the 1 second segments are empty.