Can you guess how I made this?

Ha! Yeah there is a BlackMagic ATEM TV Studio HD in the setup. There is also a Blackmagic h.264 recorder and SDI-HDMI converter.

@professor yes the image is scan reversed. You can see the text on my shirt is backwards. But that would be rad if I could write backwards that well.

@Shivam_Shah there are a few of these setups around - it’s called a lightboard. You have to light the glass itself and have the background as dark as possible. I built it at work last week. There’s also a green screen in there.

2 Likes

Close - the wall is actually painted black.

1 Like

2 Likes

That’s still cool though. I didn’t pay too much attention to your shirt so thought you could write backwards :joy:

1 Like

I’d say stop/go camera, and has already been said, just flipped it on play back… Or recorded in mirror image.

Glass and you’re writing backwards (phone to show how to do it backwards)

Pretty cool though!

Close! Scan reverse in real time with a Decimator MD-HX

Of course, I could write backwards if I wanted to :grin:

The phone was actually to remind what the ANKER logo looked like :laughing:

This is cool, spent sometime thinking about it :smiley:

How were the cameras setup to capture the writing and the reverse thing

This looks so cool! Can’t wait to see you apply this in your video. :grin:

Ha! I’m going to be dragging the Icon behind my mountain bike in the next video :astonished:

1 Like

:rage: I wanted the icon

I also promised to hang it from a tree on a mile-high mountain. Plus I’m going to throw it in a lake. :sunglasses:

When you get done with it, feel free to send it over to me!

2 Likes

Sounds pretty interesting! Looking forward to see. :grinning:

1 Like

I must be blind but I can’t read the text from here :joy:

2 Likes

Ya, unless you are using a large screen or a magnifier to see the text on shirt…
@gAnkster good job bro… I see so many videos of this type, writig/drawing on white board to explain things and they look neat…
was thinking they are all fake and made by some software and not by human… Now I have to believe you…

1 Like

That was my guess too. :smiley:

1 Like

about the most creative thing i have seen on the community love the stop motion!

I don’t think it’s stop motion…

1 Like

Not stop motion - I used Camtasia to speed up the video, then exported to a GIF so it makes it look like stop motion (technically because it is a GIF it is stop motion - at 10 FPS). Originally I recorded it in 4K but it took forever to draw the logo (hence me looking at my phone) so I had to speed it up. Also, I downsized it considerably so I could make a 3MB GIF so the forum would let me upload it directly :laughing:

3 Likes