Brand new Eufy 30c drops a trail of dust on the carpet!

That’s a not so good appearance of Robovac cleaning :scream:

Does the carpet thickness / plush cause issues for Robovac to keep be around for vacuuming, causing the dirt to fall out?

The carpet looks quite normal (short pile), this should not cause any issues.

Possible faulty Robovac then?

Could be, but I really don’t know how the dust can fall out of the dust box.
Its quite a closed system.

@isujosh have you tried contacting Eufy Support at support@eufylife.com for the Robovac?

It’s possible that the dust collection box was not seated fully…

Could be as well.
BUT diagnosis from far away is not possible in that certain case
If no more information is given. :wink:

Ok, so it did exactly the same thing on the next run. Completed its cleaning run and then went into ‘go slow’ mode. At that point it started distributing dust and debris on the carpet before settling itself back on the charging point.

Do all the RoboVacs go into ‘go-slow’ mode just before they finish cleaning?

There is no way that dust can be leaking out of the container, there simply is no way for it to escape - and I made sure it was properly ‘clicked in’ during the clean. I can only assume that it is the residual dust and dirt above the cleaning brush which gets re-deposited when the suction stops at a low charge.

I’m contacted Eufy Support - so lets see what they say - thanks for all your comments!

Normally when the battery is low, the robot stops cleaning (vacuuming).
Then it returns slowly to the charger without suction.
I have never seen loosing debris when returning to the charger,
as all the debris in not at the brush it is in the container.

Normally I let the robot work in the single room mode (standard suction), so it stops after 1/2 hour. (11S)

that don’t look too good. I will show this to wifey :slight_smile:

Did you get any resolution to this? Recently bought 2 30c Robovacs, 1 for upstairs, 1 for downstairs. Downstairs vac is running like clockwork, upstairs is leaving the same trail as yours did.

You might want to run it, and when it goes into ‘limp home’ mode press ‘stop’ on the vac or controller. Flip it over and look for something caught in the front wheel (since it’s centered), or possibly the carpet brush.

I contacted Eufy Support and after a lot of back and forth over email, and exchange of pictures and videos, they eventually agreed to replace the item. However, during the time it took to speak to Eufy I was extremely careful to clean the Robovac 30c after each run - not just emptying and cleaning the dust container and filter, but also taking out and cleaning the brushes too. I have not had any problems since and the 30c has been run almost every day.

I’m not proud to say this but I think my carpet was dirtier than I though over the first few runs. Once I was cleaning it on an almost daily basis the amount of dust collected was greatly reduced and I have not had the problem again.

I would recommend that anyone getting a Eufy Robovac 30c cleans their carpet several times first with a traditional vacuum cleaner before setting the Robovac to work. Sounds a bit counter intuitive I know but I think this will help to prevent the problem occuring.

If the problem reappears, then I have told Eufy Support that I will ask for a replacement - but for now at least, all seems to be working well.

1 Like

I noticed this today with the 11s on hardwood. Once it powers down to find it’s charging station, sometimes it just stops and doesn’t move. That’s when dust will fall out for some reason. Container isn’t even 1/4 full.

hund1

1 Like

Like it @professor :sunglasses:

A little bit of dirt is good for health. :rofl:

Although I don’t have a robovac, I’ve seen this problem with a lot of vacuums in general. It sucks because I’ve never once been able to fix it :rage: and always had to either return it or get a new one.

I think I figured out what went wrong. Apparently the robot does not work great on office chair underlay (and I tested this by scattering small amounts of dirt for it to pick up). It failed miserably. It had to run over the same area 5 times before it sucked it up, and it STILL left dirt behind. Something weird is going on with the robot and the surface of the underlay. I even set it to max suction, it still would not bite.

There are different types
One is smooth plastic, others are kind of carpet.

I have both types of floor in my flat.
But never have seen that issue.