Best cables for pixel 3 with USB Type A and C

I love Anker cables but the site is absolutely pitiful. It does not clearly show the differences between the cable types. I see PowerLine, PowerLine+, PowerLine II, PowerLine+ II, and honestly, I can’t tell what is what…

I need to buy a few cables and I’d rather buy the best and most powerful now so I don’t have to worry about it in the future. Can someone please help me with links to the best cables for these:

• USB Type-C to USB Type-C
  • USB Type-C to USB Type-A

Ideally I’d want ~3 and ~6 feet but length is second – I want to maximize power and data throughput.

These will, for now, be used to charge/data transfer for a Google Pixel 3 but who knows what I might need them for in the future.

2 Likes

I have had good luck with Powerline+ II USB-C to USB-A 2.0 Cables in 6ft length so far. They are the newer version and seem to be holding up quite well. Truth be told though, unless you have other devices to charge other than a pixel then a usb-a to c cable is a waste since you cannot charge at the optimum speed.

The Pixel is designed and optimized around USB-C to USB-C, so I would focus there as much as possible. In this respect the powerline usb-c 3.0 cables are a good compromise between length and data speeds. The 2.0 will be slower for data transfer with same lengths so I would discount them, and the 3.1 usb-c are fairly short but offer a higher transfer speed. All 3 are same for charging.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Yes, it is unfortunate that Anker offers so many options that are very similar to one another without really explaining what makes them different.

As @Monk3e pointed out, you’re better off with C to C cables. PowerLine II 3ft is currently Anker’s best and most powerful USB-C cable (other than Thunderbolt 3, but your Pixel won’t benefit from it). It also comes with a lifetime warranty!

Here’s the Amazon link for your reference: https://amazon.com/dp/B072JYDQ7N

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @IMTheNachoMan,

Your post let me think that we need to update our online website as soon as possible!
It will help our customers make an easy decision. I think it can be added on our to-do list next year.:muscle:

2 Likes