Are 3ft enough? PowerLine+ 3ft Lightning

I like the <3 ft cables to go with my power bank if I’m sticking it in my backpack. Otherwise, I mainly use 3ft cables for home charging. But lately, I’ve been thinking how nice it would be to have a 6ft cable too. So it all depends on how you want to use it. The reason I like the shorter cables for my backpack is IF I’m not using the Anker 3in1 cable, I’d have to carry a microUSB…USB-C…and lightning cable. And I’d rather not have too my cable length to juggle.

2 Likes

I got myself the 3,6,10’ pack on Amazon and that has fit my needs perfectly. 3’ for the car, 6’ for the couch, 10’ for the bed. And the quality on these bad boys are top notch so far. But we’ll see the test of time.

I’m looking into getting a 10ft lighting for my dorm but I’m not sure yet if I should or not because when I’m not using it I don’t want all of that cable just laying around

I keep a 6ft premium nylon cable in my bag for when I’m traveling, it helps to use the phone while charging in bed or when you need to reach a long way in an airport or something.

I keep a 1 ft in the car because it’s almost the exact distance from the charger to the phone mount - that way things don’t get tangled in it.

I have 3 ft cords in the living room where the kids put their ipads and watches to charge.

I’ve gone wireless by my bed, so just a 3ft cable there to reach the wireless charger.

So, for me, it’s all about where the cord is going.

3 Likes

Well said dude. Different people have different needs for cable sizes. I usually stick with 3ft. I only own one 6ft cable that only use it when I need to charge my phone and I’m playing my video games

Exactly. One person can have different needs on different places. I have a few 3ft cables, one 6ft cable - my wife uses to charge her phone in bed - and a 1ft cable I use in the car. There’s no one solution for all situations.

2 Likes

4 inch to a Powercore Slim 5000 as all it has to do is bend around the based of a phone.
12 inch to Powercore Fusion 5000, or Powercore II 6700.
3 feet to a travel wall charger to desk sockets, or to a desk charger.
6 feet at home.

What about the upcoming Fusion 10000? Have it near you on a long enough cable ( in the 2-4 ft range) while you use your device and then plug it into the wall to recharge itself? 10000 enough for last the 4.5 hours for the Fusion to recharge?

1 Like

True I’ll probably pick up one of those to make charging easier especially since it recharges so easily through the wall. Also does anyone know a good all around powerbank. Isn’t too bulky but has a great capacity and preferably reasonably priced but definitely the first too

Yeh i have 1 but I need a bit extra than 3ft tbh.

My family loves using the 6ft cables vs 3ft. So amazon had me at ‘Hello’ and I keep on ordering 6ft cables

1 Like

3ft cables are enough for my car, but too short for my nightstand. I bought the Powerline + in late 2017 and the end on my 3ft Lightning cable is actually ripped a little. Good thing there is a lifetime warranty (lasted much longer than my Amazon Basics or Apple ones though). Just depends on what you want to use the cable for, and your preferences. I have 4”, 3 foot, 6 foot, all useful in different contexts. Some in my family hate cable clutter and get the smallest length they can. I get longer lengths and roll up if needed.

1 Like

It depends … for the way I use it if it’s enough

I personally like a 3 ft cable for the car, a 6ft cable for when at home and it near my bed. I have a 10ft cable but j never use it.

1 foot for my purse & power bank
1 foot for my laptop
3 feet for my car
3 feet for my backpack
6 feet for my bed

I want a 10 feet cord just to say I have one, but I don’t know when I’ll use it. Just seems like overkill.

I’d also like a 2 feet cord to replace my 1 foot cords. They are a little too small, but 3 feet is too long and creates clutter in the space.

2 Likes

I found the combo pavk with 3’, 6’ and 10’ accomodates all needs. Now I want addition 3’ but will look into PowerLine 2 braided cables next time.

2 Likes

I love my Powerline+

1 Like

I have 2 of the Powerline+ II 6ft Lightning cables with travel pouches

I need to buy a 10ft cable so it can reach from my PS4 to where I sit and charge my phone

It’s kind of nice seeing others using the 6 feet cable for their bed - makes me feel like I’m not weird to have one (my family thought I was haha).

I use a 3 feet cable for the car and countertop in living room, 6 feet for bed, desk, and couch. I don’t have any shorter cables, but I can see how a 1 foot long would work fine on the countertop and maybe look cleaner without the extra cable length, while a 10 feet long would let me make knots around my arm when I fall asleep and turn about with the phone in hand.

1 Like