Apple no longer looking to innovate

What’s airpower? Never heard of it

AirPower was a charger that you supposedly could drop different items that support wireless charging and it will charge all of them at the same time.

2 Likes

They are looking to innovate, they just don’t like to release products that really aren’t high enough quality to release.

Apple is looking like IBM of 80’s…

They need to get some kind of Gizmo device to get the mojo back…

We cannot rule out Apple completely… they may need sometime to bounce back…

1 Like

I think that Apple dropped the ball on the AirPower when it they announced it awhile back …same time they released the iPhone X? but delayed it. Now, they are cancelling it. Good news for Anker. By now, people who needed the wireless charging pads have already moved on to other company’s like Anker. Too little, too late Apple.

2 Likes

I think they have enough money to not have to worry about being “broke” lol considering a few billion to the company is like pocket change for us.

They are diversifying their services which can only be for the better. I do however think they should continue to innovate and improve on their existing core products.

1 Like

If apple keep on innovating they will get broke

Did they ever innovate?

The rumor is that AirPower was cancelled to constant overheating issues. I would rather it be cancelled than burn down my house!

I think the Apple Card is innovative as far as credit cards go: no number printed on the card, instant activation by holding it near your phone, etc. Plus no penalty rates and fees, and no tracking or selling data to 3rd parties (something other credit cards thrive on).

I would agree that News+ and TV+ aren’t as innovative as I would have hoped. You can get digital magazines for free through many local libraries (via RB Digital/Zinio) and there are already TV streaming services (Sling, YouTube TV, etc).

1 Like

They did, but this was long, long time ago!

Why innovate, when you can buy trademarks n technology, and sell n sue instead!

Huge complaints about their keyboards, decided after all the fuss not to do the wireless charger.

Even motto indicate more than apple, just a shame they to are stuck in time warp also! :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have never found a real reason to get a Mac, I do have and old iPad and one AppleTV. But I just can’t justify that much money for a computer.

2 Likes

Read that and started singing this … lol

1 Like

slowly and steadily, Apple is getting boring, uninnovative

2 Likes

Sadly you are right.

2 Likes

I think they need to go back to what Jobs did in '99
Instead of making endless products which are marginally improved version of themselves they need to focus on a selected few and innovate like hell
Dump all the accessories…Airpower is not doing anything special that other wireless chargers in the market cannot do.

1 Like

Even with no new innovation they still sell a grip of tech! I am a big fan of Apple… it will be super hard to move on from them. I am talking mostly about iPhones and iPads. Don’t care too much for the Macs

1 Like

The airpower issue is not with Apple not wanting to innovate. It’s called physics.

What Apple did end up was to give the Idea up for the competitors in the same product market like Anker and kill its own product Airpower …

Nothing new with Apple… They did it with Siri and Homepods… Google & Amazon took them to thier own race

2 Likes

Like I said in other thread, they should’ve launched it without announcing. That way they don’t face criticism when their products have to cancelled (because they just weren’t announced in the first place). And it surprises the consumers and competition when they do launch something like that

1 Like