Anker Soundcore 2 not Charging

@TechnicallyWell Thank you so much for the response, really appreciated! @Alex_Atkinson1 Please check the battery indicator when you charge the speaker. The indicator will be steady white when fully charged. If you tried without success, please send us an email via support@anker.com. We will help you with the exchange or refund. Thanks

Sounds like an issue with the cable you are using. Try a different cable and 2 amp wall charger.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the cable supplied to charge a difference item (shaver) and it worked straight away. I’ll see if I can find a 2 amp charger, but I would have thought the laptop would have been sufficient?

1 Like

Many thanks for the reply.

I left the unit charging with my LG phone charger plug which has a 1.8amp output. The charging light doesn’t show at all. I’ve also tried charging with a power monkey extreme battery pack, which has a 2.1amp output but nothing again.

I’ll email support,

Thanks

I would recommend to try a different cabke, even the one included can go bad. It may charge a different device but cause problems charging others. I hae experienced this myself with charging my soundcore nano and the cable supplied so trust it can still be the cable

Sometimes cables that do not charge sufficiently work well with others devices. It could also be dirty connecters check out the charge port with a flashlight and magnifying glass if you have one. [quote=“Alex_Atkinson1, post:5, topic:57819”]
thought the laptop would have been sufficient?
[/quote]

Laptop usb post also supply 500mah 1/4 of the 2amp chargers and will take 4 times longer.

May be there is some dirt in the socket of the speaker.
Use a tiny tool to clean with a little bit of alcohol.
But be VERY careful not to damage the the pins.
Otherwise use another cable.
If all this doesn’t help the battery must be defective

1 Like

Got there in the end, the pins inside the charger point was bent back. I’ve straightened them out and it’s now charging (with an alternative cable, supplied cable didn’t work).

Thank you for the help.

3 Likes

Fine Alex!
Yes This happened to me some time ago.
Same can happen with ethernet cables!
Small and tiny pins as well.

best regards

Franz

I am having serious issues with my anker nano soundcore… Its barely just about two weeks old and it’s no longer charging… When plugged it just blinks a red light for about 4 sec and then stops… Please an update Wil be really helpful

1 Like

@Jeffron_Udechukwu sorry about the troubles you are having. Can you please try using a different charging cable as well as wall socket. 90 percent of all charging issues come down to faulty cables or charging bricks.

I have tried several chargers and I get the same result… It’s not just funny

1 Like

Are you using a wall socket?computer? Battery pack? To try and charge it

Also send support@anker.com a message with your problem. Include your serial number as well as your order number and let them know any troubleshooting steps you have taken to help expedite the process.

I’ve tried a wall socket as well as a laptop… I’m having the same result

Hi,
I noticed this with my Anker Bluetooth speaker too. It has a red flashing light when it’s battery is low and it has a non- flashing red light when it’s charging.
I have to really shove the charger into the speaker and leave it with the charger held in tight against a wall to get it to charge. That’s my solution!

1 Like

That just means you need a new cable, has nothing to do with the charge port

I received following product from amazon UK when i started charging via charger or laptop it shows me red light which disappears in 2 mins. It is plugged from 12 hours but same issue. By any chance can you please help me?

Soundcore Motion+ Bluetooth Speaker with Hi-Res 30W Audio,

Motion+ charges via USB-C.
I would suggest to use another charger, best would be one with USB-C-socket as output.
There are many offered by ANKER

I purchased my soundcore 2 headphones in February of 2020 and I’m experiencing the same issue the red charging light does not light up when I plug it in with a micro USD and I have used several wall boxes and several cords.

I wish I had read this before … Never go with this company bad quality. 4 month of use I never exceeds 10 times to charge it.