Anker ROAV DashCam C1 Pro. Review, Test

from German:

Everything needed for operation and assembly was supplied with.
A MircoSD card is also included, so the product is “Ready to Fly” !!!

The assembly was easy for a “light” handcrafted with the accompanying instructions.
The “hardest” as I find was the pretty laying of the cable.
It should not disturb and if possible not notice.
The cable can be pushed super with the included plastic “spatula” behind the panels.

The right place was also found quickly. Behind the mirror, so that you can not block my view, but I can still press the “emergency” button in case of the case.

Operation:
Once set, you usually only need to return to the camera after an accident …
Connected to the cigarette lighter (a 2 port USB charger is attached), the camera starts as soon as the USB port is on.
In most vehicles this happens with the ignition (with me, this is unfortunately always on)
After the camera is switched on automatically, the camera always loops in the loop (the length of the loops can be adjusted - 1/3/5 / 10min).
When the memory card is full, each file is overwritten from the front.
In an emergency (I hope I will never need this function), the “emergency” button can be pressed at the lower left-hand edge of the screen.
This recording is not overwritten. The cam also detects an accident with a G-sensor and thus also makes an emergency stop.
After turning off the cigarette lighter, the camera goes down
short time. off (here a timer runs)

In addition, the camera has a park monitor.
This means if a movement is detected when the camera is off (sensitivity is set), a recording is started automatically. This function I find particularly interesting, since so for example. Vandalism and park recorders.
The camera is quite fast so it takes only a few seconds to record.

At the beginning I have clicked through all possible settings, that goes both on the display as well as by app with the smartphone.
With the app, you can also download the recordings.

Since the camera is already well adjusted, I have only switched off the Pipstöne during the operation, as well as set the time and the date.

The field of view of the camera is also super, thanks to the adjustable optics, it can be mounted on almost every disc. Also the picture is good … for their purpose, it is even very good … even with changing light conditions it comes quickly and it is always good to recognize.
The C1 Pro has a noticeable better resolution than the C1 and makes great shots, even at night and when changing the light conditions!
Another difference is the integrated GPS, which stores the position in the video.

When viewing the video on the mobile phone, speed and G-values ​​can also be displayed.

A watermark (date / time) is also permanently displayed in the image. I was able to turn this off, but this was still displayed. (here I will times with the support write and possibly my findings here)

CONCLUSION:
- Watermark is always shown (for travel films something disturbing, but also not the sense of the cam)

+ all important functions are integrated (night vision, park monitor, emergency mode)
+ Installation is very easy and is well explained
+ USB charger has a second socket, so that the charging of the mobile phone does not have to be done
+ the USB cable has the optimal length
+ the camera makes a very valuable impression (Allu housing)

8 Likes

Are you saying the biggest recording loop you can have is 10 minutes? It seems like it should have expandable memory.

Great review, did you find the 60fps useful when at high speed to see parked cars etc?

1 Like

Good review, I personally am a fan of the date and time always showing that way you have exact timing if something happened

1 Like

Nice review @proff :smiley: You mention the resolution is improved over C1, what is it 1080? Great that it has GPS built in too - this sounds a great dash cam :thumbsup:

1 Like

I prefer shorter loop times because having to sit thru a 10 minute clip can be daunting. I have my C1 on 3 minute loops. I’ve found that no matter what intervals you use, only footage that would be important would be the one you manually lock or the automatically locked clips in case of an accident. As it is, I only look at the locked clips, every so often before wiping my card clean again. All other footages are for “just in case” moments.

I am curious about this myself… I have the original C1 and at times, I wished that it could do 60fps.

1 Like

Nice review. I have the original C1 and will upgrade to the C1 Pro later on. I mainly like that it has a better resolution and GPS built in.

Thx for they great review

1 Like

great review :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just a quick question because I’m looking to get a micro Sd card for my c1. Sandisk or Samsung, what do you guys prefer when it comes to microsd

I have and use both. Both work fine. Currently, I have a PNY 64GB in mine. When I look at buying memory cards, I like to get the Class 10 U3 cards… faster write and transfer speeds. Especially for GoPros and videos. I’d stay away from generic brands that you find at places like Fry’s. I’ve had those zonk out on me. Some of my favorite brands are SanDisk (pricey), Lexar, PNY, and SamSung.

1 Like

I recently got a Samsung 128gb class 10 uhd micro SD card from Walmart do $13 bucks…yup it was in clearance and if I had more money I would have brought more than 2. But I have 1 in my phone and the other in an adapter in my GoPro. Very fast and easy to access, so I would go with that if you can get it at a good price

1 Like

Update:
The Roav C1 Pro supports now the km/h unit in the Video ! :ok_hand:

2 Likes