Anker PowerCore II Slim 10000mAh Review!

Please watch my video review via YouTube! Feedback is appreciated! Hope you enjoy.

3 Likes

Wow, the charging speed is so fast! Good video review, I can’t wait for more!!!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Another nice review, Josh!

1 Like

I have a very cool idea for a video coming in about a month! I think you’ll love it. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Well done. :slight_smile: Not that I NEED another power bank but darn it, that Powercore II Slim looks good. I’m beginning to feel like a battery hoarder. Hahaha.

1 Like

As @joshuad11 states in video, it is slimmer but it is not smaller. It is still about 6% large volume/mah than the Powercore 10000, but sometimes shape, or speed, matters more than size.

Note: it is more Wh.

2 Likes

Nice review Josh :thumbsup:, especially mentioning an alternate for Apple users who won’t benefit from the QC features.

Still trying to get my head around everyone’s need for QC though, just be patient :wink:

That’s why I still look fondly on my mine, more than meets the needs for my iPhone and iPad in an emergency. Good though for those who are in the market for a new one (with a bit of tech future proofing to boot)

2 Likes

That’s fine, try them all and give to others the ones which don’t ideally suit your needs. The Powercore 5000 I gave away but the Powercore 5000 Slim is mine, mine do you hear!

I currently tend to travel with the Powercore 10000 and the Slim 5000 partly as 10000mah isnt quite enough and partly for 2 ports. But I’m beginning to trip sometimes into needing a little bit more so waiting for something better to come.

The Powercore 10000 released end of March 2016 is now 15 months design, so waiting for its improvement to emerge. The Powercore II 10000 is more of a sideways step, more of an upgrade to the other QC products.

2 Likes

A few things prompted me to do that,

1. Size - I believe @nigelhealy has said before that QC makes the device larger.
  2. Cost - Generally, devices that include Quick Charge technology seem to cost more.
  3. Speed (iPads) - I believe QC ports charge most modern iPads 10-ish% faster vs 2.4 or 3A ports.

Quick question to @nigelhealy:
Would/is a 3A port be faster at charging an iPad vs a 2.4A port because of Voltage Boost? Thanks.

I wonder if they have filed any new patents recently…

Thank you for your continued support!

That’s the key to a good review, give unbiased comments and mention alternates where possible…

2 Likes

To really do this topic justice would involve someone with a QC device and someone with an iPad to put a meter on the cable and observe. Til then we can be quite wrong in hypothesis. Everything below is guessing.

My guess is:

• there used to be a color of port which was just QC. Green port was it?
  • I think there is quite a close negotiating phase in QC2 which is based in the charger being QC, which checks for QC versions 1 2.
  • once that QC2 negotiating phase is over you can’t really change anything. I think this is why Anker QC has reserved Wattage even in multi port chargers.
  • Anker then came out with a new port (Blue?) which added VoltageBoost to post negotiations increase the voltage a little to help push through a bad cable or port. This can increase voltage on QC2.
  • However you are still largely at the specifications of QC which seems to do similar to VoltageBoost in QC3 which allows for small voltage increases. So that is why I think the idea of the blue port died with QC3 when it did help with QC2.
  • QC has a common denominator of 2A 5V so I suspected that a no QC device would fail the negotiations and be given that which is less than what an iPad can ingest of 2.3A

Now then if you’re not official QC you might find Anker has found a way to both fool QC devices I thinking on QC charger and being able to serve an iPad.

We need to throw meters at this with different devices to know.

2 Likes

Great job @joshuad11! Great video with excellent editing, you pointed out things that I had no idea about especially the rubberized bottom. I can’t wait to see your next video!

1 Like