Anker A7721 unable to pair

I have previously had my Ankar A7721 paired with a TV Box, all worked fine.

I’ve now purchased a new TV box, but now it won’t pair, Android sees the keyboard and attempts to pair, but just reports “Couldn’t pair”

The keyboard is fully charged and very close to the TV box, I suspect the problem is due to the previous pairing. Is there a way of doing a factory reset of some sort?

Any help appreciated

Hi @bernieraffe Is your previous TV box still powered on? Once you press the fn and BT keys together the keyboard should enter pairing mode, rendering the previous paired connection useless.

If you are unable to pair with the new box, it is most likely a compatibility issue with the brand or model of new TV box you have.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The previous box is turned off, the TV Box is this one:-
H96 Pro +

1 Like

Yes, I use the FN and BT keys, the blue light flashes, the Android box says pairing, then it fails

Android 7.1

Was your previous TV box running Android Nougat (7.1)? I’m leaning towards a BT compatibility issue as the keyboard is BT 3.0 and I’ve quite a few users on here have SoundBud BT issues, which run BT 4.0+, with Nougat.

No, it was called a TV Wizard box, running an old version of Android.

Hi @bernieraffe,

Sorry to hear about this issue. And @ndalby thank you for your reply. Rest assured A7721 is compatible with Android 3.0 and above.

You could try the below solutions:

1. Clear all pairing records on your device.
  2. Recharge the keyboard for more than 3 hours.
  3. Turn on the keyboard, then press FN+Z to enter pairing mode, and repair the device with your keyboard.
  4. If this doesn’t work, try the keyboard with other Bluetooth devices if possible, to confirm if it is functioning at all.

Hope this would be helpful. You’re welcome to contact us via support@anker.com. Have a nice day!

I got a popup saying enter this number on you device. But I entered wrong number. Now it just asks to enter pin. I don’t know what pin its asking now. I don’t remember the number it gave me initially.

1 Like

@nonubitta

Clear any pairing records which maybe showing on your device for the A7721, then press the FN+Z key combination to enter pairing mode which should prompt you to pair with another random generated pin following by the return key (enter key).