All my reviews are gone from Amazon, anyone else?

They seem to care less and less about Prime Membership, the owner of Amazon is making over 1mil a day so… but thankfully they resorted it. I can not say this enough, if some one else has this problem, CALL them, ask to speak to a manager, then state our case. As long as you didn’t purposely violate their TOS, you should get it back. Following my advice at least 5-6 members of this community had the same problem fixed.

I have to ask, did you get the 1mil a day from watching Reckful on Twitch? Just wondering how small the world is. I was just watching him talk about Jeff Bezos.

I have made my call to customer support today here in Canada and they are forwarding the issue to the next level. I couldn’t get what I wanted from the lady as the language barrier was extreme but at least I have a case opened. Will keep you posted

The same way my issue was solved.
Only one review dissapeared.
But I did not ask why.
"Never wake up sleeping dogs":grin:

1 Like

I will try calling in too. After buying stuff from Amazon since 2000, I recently started getting blocked from submitting reviews. Today, they sent me the email officially saying my reviews had been suppressed and can’t post reviews. It also had no details on what I did and that the decision was final.

The only thing that recently happened was I gave a poor rating to a really horrible electric toothbrush. The seller contacted me and offered a refund. I accepted. The seller then asked several times to update my review. I did not change my original review since the product was bad and a refund didn’t change that. I wonder if they complained or reported me as receiving a free product. It deleted my review and keeps their product looking much better than it is.

I now trust Amazon reviews much less than I had.

I’ve had an Amazon account for 18 years, I did almost all my shopping on Amazon but I’ve ditched them over this fake review issue. The algorithms Amazon uses to identify fake reviews aren’t working and they are making the problem worse by removing genuine reviews by the thousand. This leaves the whole review system even more broken than before by increasing the ratio of fake to genuine reviews, unfairly targets small artists and authors and misuses customer data. I’ve written an open letter to Jeff Bezos here with links to other people writing about the problem https://thereforeithink2.wordpress.com/2018/08/16/open-letter-to-jeff-bezos/

I tried to make reviews of the products that I bought, and the majority was blocked

Good. My solution for the language thing. Hang up and call back until you get someone you can understand. I know, it’s ridiculous, but if you want to get it done quickly…

1 Like

I also have the same problem

I’ll give a try on the phone! If they want to block any/all of my reviews so be it, the only ones loosing are other customers that cannot benefit from my (our) experience…all of them were 100% honest and I’d write them all again word-by-word.

What upsets me the most is not being able to ask questions to the community!

1 Like

Does anybody have the best number to reach them at?
Seems like I was only able to talk to the customer service team.
The agent apparently doesn’t know anything about reviews – just in regards to orders.
He mentioned he doesn’t have a direct phone number of the review team and that he’ll just send an email to them on my behalf.

You wil NEVER get such a secret number.
This would be published and you may imagine what would happen after this.

Same issue that I am having. They will not put me through to anyone that can discuss my issue. They (3 different people) claim that they can only send an email on my behalf and that I will be contacted by email within 48 hours. I asked for the email address of whom they are corresponding with and was told the email is not for customers. 3 times in the last two weeks and still have not been contacted. I threatened to cancel my prime membership and was told that it is my choice to do so. I was getting pretty heated with the last person that I talked with and still no results. I will keep bugging them ever 2-3 days and see if that helps.

I’m in the U.S. I’ve NEVER gotten anything for a discount or free & was also a top contributor. Totally out of the blue it all vanished & have been trying to figure out why for an entire month. I attempted to re-post & saw the horrible message saying they will not all a post from anyone with any bias & I tried to re-post for 2 totally different things a TV channel & some random item. They had good reviews but neither even asked me to post anything (obviously Bravo channel didn’t contact me lol), I just did because I wanted to, which was why I usually posted. If I got an e-mail after I already bought something, it was just asking me TO write a review & that was IF I didn’t give one yet or what they thought they deserved. I never gave anyone any false hopes about anything & always wrote back as to either why I haven’t written yet or why I wrote what I did…if they didn’t understand my explanation. Years of taking time to help out the companies & customers of AMAZON just to continue to get the run around about how the “community” only has an e-mail for customer service to contact. I’ve written to this “community” myself already 2x & will be 3, c/s sent 4 out all in this month. None of this makes ANY sense to me, I’ve done nothing wrong & only WISH I was “bribed” with some free stuff for reviews, I would have more money & at least “some” understanding as to why this happened as well as wouldn’t care as Much now & totally would chalk it up to THEIR loss now not being able to post anything more. I’m just VERY confused as to how I got not one thing for free or at a discount to post a review & still trying to help them but dealing with all of this. If they decided to change things over a year & half ago, that’s fine just don’t take it out on everyone that has Amazon’s best interest. Just like the people who were able to get discounts for good reviews. As far as I remember didn’t it have it stated in the review? I thought I read many of those & wondered how I could review something for a discounted price. No one should be penalized for that if Amazon changed their mind about having those kinds of reviews up, simply take them down & keep the legitimate ones. I’d like to post a REAL viral review on what is going on with this! In looking for a good place, that’s where I found you…sorry to hear of so many people in the same boat!

1 Like

Two weeks ago I got the same stupid letter from Amazon - violated their illegal rules and got compensation for my reviews. WRONG. Told my lawyer. He wrote to corporate and wants proof of their false allegations against me or he is taking Amazon to Court for Defamation of Character and Slander. The email they sent to everybody saying you can’t review products anymore is illegal. Tell a lawyer or even go to Legal Aid. I was purchasing about 20 products per week at Amazon and never got compensation for any of them. I was a customer of Amazon’s for 20 years. I will not buy a single thing from them again until I get an apology letter and if I don’t, they will be in Court. Defamation of Character - Slander is a felony. Amazon is not above the law. Have a lawyer send a letter demanding proof you got compensated for your reviews and all the bull in their illegal email you got to Jeff@amazon.com. What Amazon did is illegal. Period.

Same here, But not just Amazon, but other sites like TripAdvisor boasting about our travels with Anker products. The issue with my reviews and most of my comments, is that I’ve been accused of posting topics which are more like advertisements for any given product or device. Thus these reviews are removed as “spam” etc.
It’s become very difficult to publicly create a topic which doesn’t seem to be nothing more than spam to some forums. if you believe in a product and those companies are glad to see that you’re talking about the said product, yet those post are later removed by the site host simply because it doesn’t mean the sites criteria or agenda.
About the only thing I get upset about if my topics are removed from these sites, is that I’ve done the research, done the math and took several hours out of my day to create these topics only to have them removed. I’m sure many here are in the same boat.

I am curious, if you don’t mind sharing but what did you write and to whom? Because I have written a few times. Are you comfortable sharing some of the messaging around what happened?

1 Like

Interesting, I’ve reviews mentioning x brand’s version of this is better. I wonder if they took them down later after the vendor flagged it or Amazon approval system didn’t catch it.

There are so many vendors and companies offer these fake reviews or Purchase give the product a 5 start review and will pay you back via PayPal.

Several of my favorite cheap tech companies I use to do offsite reviews and paid reviews started doing this. I stopped buy from them. It will get you in trouble a removed from Amazon. They may stop you from purchasing from them.

I have had legitimate purchases for Anker/Soundcore products removed for no reason. A few years ago I had 10 random reviews removed for no reason as far as I can tell. My rankings are high with plenty of helpful votes. I rewrote some of the reviews to see if they would get deleted and they never did.

1 Like