AK-A1277011 vs AK-A1374011

I want to see the difference between the two products

I don’t know what to buy AK-A1277011 or AK-A1374011.

Please let me know your point of view.

Hi @id.jujube, the difference between the two is that AK-A1374011 has quick charge capabilities where AK-A1277011 does not. If you have a device which supports quick charge such as a Samsung Galaxy S8 etc you will yield the benefits of the AK-A1374011, if you have an Apple device you would be best with the AK-A1277011.

If price is a concern go with the AK-A1277011 as it is half the price of the AK-A1374011 due to the lack of quick charge. If you are wanting to future proof and/or require fast recharge of your devices and if price is not a concern, go with the AK-A1374011.

2 Likes

Thanks @ndalby

I see AK-A1277011 have Dual Input Port and Double-Speed Recharging where AK-A1374011 does not?
=> AK-A1277011 have input charging speed is faster than AK-A1374011?

Yes the AK-A1277011 can be fully recharged in 6 1/2 hours due to it’s dual recharge ports compared to the AK-A1374011 which only has a single recharge port, that takes around 10hrs to fully recharge.

Cannot future proof. Future products will be better. Go with what you see today and need today.

2 Likes

Good point

Fair point but not necessarily true either…

1 Like

I see future proofing as a way of future proofing your own self, or on the person’s unique situation. If everyone had the latest phone and the latest device, your statement could be right, but for someone who might own an S7 with a microUSB charger and wants to buy the S8 in the future, getting a USB-C portable charger NOW will be considered future-proofing to that owner. Buying a portable charger with no USB-C output might be less expensive, but if you plan on owning USB-C input devices in the future, it would totally be worth “future-proofing” yourself by spending a bit extra to avoid the hassle of buying adapters or worst case, new charger in the future.

Buy the one that suites your needs.

So you cannot future proof. You can only hedge. Case in point is USB-C. You might buy a 30W output USB-PD charger say which has a common denominator of 10W. So then in the future you might buy a 60W input device and find you hadn’t future proofed sufficient. True you can go some of the way there.

You then get for example, in the future you own two USB-PD input devices and you future proofed with a single output port charger.

Or a better version like smaller or better tuned comes around.

Or you paid extra for the leading edge and then a year later you could have bought it for less as volume and competition drives down price.

Just buy today on what you need today, because you only really know is today.

You may get away with saying the iPhone 7 is future proof as it does not have a port you won’t use in the future (and it’s 100+ years old)