A Soundcore Icon Mini Review

The Soundcore Icon Mini is described by Anker as " A truly pocket-sized speaker that hangs anywhere and goes everywhere". This is certainly true; at under 200 grams this thing can easily fit into a coat pocket or a trouser pocket at a push.

The inclusion of the cord is thoughtful. I found it most useful when hanging it in the shower to listen to podcasts in the morning, which bring me onto the water resistance. IP67 is nice to have, and certainly useful when taking it on activity days, to the beach, water sports and more. The water resistance does come at a price though, and this unfortunately is a rather confined sound.

You notice this more as you turn the speaker up more, with max volume sounding particularly tinny and occasionally a little uncomfortable to listen to. Fortunately for the Soundcore Icon Mini, this is not what’s intended for this speaker. When put up against a Soundcore Boost, it’s blown out the water. But put up against your phone’s internal speakers, and this thing really shines. Inside, I can make out two large cones and 1 tweeter. This thing does it’s very best to push as much bass out as it can, and the effort is admirable. The sound signiture is exactly what you’d expect from a pocket sized speaker: sharp highs, great mids and ‘ok’ bass.

Connectivity is easy and quick, just like most other Soundcore products I’ve used. LED battery indicators would be nice but battery % can be seen on most devices you’re going to be pairing this speaker with.

Overall, a nifty robust little speaker that’s great to throw in a bag and have with you ‘just in case’

6 Likes

Thank you for telling us something about the sound.
May be you can improve the sound by using an equalizer.

3 Likes

Nice review! Nice picture as well! You should buy another and test the dual pairing… I don’t think anyone had yet :grin:

2 Likes

Nice review!!! :blush:

1 Like

Good review and pictures, thanks for sharing !:thumbsup:

1 Like

Nice review! thanks for the sound comment as well

1 Like

Nice review, thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Nice review! You’re the first person I saw talking about this sounding tinny at high volume.

1 Like

In words of @Chiquinho
a good review you made :grinning:

2 Likes

I agree about the connectivity. I wish all Bluetooth connections were as fast and simple!

1 Like