Zolo liberty volume fix!

Can’t wait to try this, as I’ve started to experience the same issue in the right bud.

A photo would be helpful for all others.
Could you please!:grin:

Just look at the pictures posted above :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Please, please forgive me!
I haven’t seen those, because I have a small laptop screen only.

I will never make such a horrible mistake again.:sob: :sob::sob:

1 Like

I did this to fix a sound issue and while it worked I ended up having the mesh (and the little paper/felt piece under it) come out somewhere, and it is highly unlikely I’ll see it again.

I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what could replace it? Or where to get a replacement, even if I have to cut it to size.

I had took mine out and used it without the mesh. didn’t bother me and they still work so you should be fine. just make sure to keep them clean

yeah it works fine, I’m just concerned about sweat as I use them to mow and exercise. I’m not sure if that paper under the mesh even was to help prevent moisture getting through, but if it was I just want to be sure I’m not risking them.

I mean, obviously if the seal is tight sweat shouldn’t be getting into the canal anyway so maybe it isn’t a huge deal; I’d still like to replace it with something if possible. Maybe I’ll run by a craft store later and see if they have any sort of mesh I could just cut to fit. That sheet under seemed like it was just felt paper or something to let sound through and keep out stuff.

i sweat a ton, and still haven’t had any issues with mine.

you’re looking for “Woven Wire Mesh” to get a small piece eBay is probably your best bet. Whatever size diameter holes you choose I would go with stainless steel.

4 Likes

Thanks, I was having trouble figuring out the name of what I’d be looking for, and woven wire mesh was it!

Any chance you know what particle size would be best? Or what particle size these had to begin with?

I’m not seeing anything pop up at local craft stores, or I’d just bring my headphones in and compare visually.

I’m not sure what they came with originally.
I would go for the 200 mesh count “super fine”

1 Like

you’re awesome man. thanks alot.

1 Like

That my freind is a graphine coat! Like if helped:)

3 Likes

Brilliant! Thank you so much for posting this. Solved my problem and might have even improved my sound in both earbuds.

2 Likes

I went ahead and performed the cleaning fix by removing the screens, etc. After I fixed the left, it was louder than the right (which I thought was okay in the first place!), so then I went ahead and fixed the right one as well.

YouTube link to the process here:Zolo Liberty Earpod Low Volume Fix

I ended up giving my brother-in-law my Liberty+, telling him all about the problem and the possible solution. He just texted me showing me the gunk removed - quite a bit more than we thought there would be - and it’s fixed! Volume on both ears is now back to normal, the units functioning as they should. He’s now a happy owner of a functionning Kickstarter edition Liberty+.

Thanks @elmo41683 for showing us the fix!

2 Likes

Glad he got it working and it’s good to go now

1 Like

Good afternoon, I have Zolo Liberty+ headphones. Bought them less than one year ago. The right earpiece has stopped charge 100%. During the last month, it was charged by 90%, then by 80%, and now only by 70%. The headset now works only one hour. Is it possible to replace the battery? Or tell me how to fix my headphones.

Your still under warranty so call or send an email and let them know the issue you are having
Call toll-free: 1-800-988-7973;
Email: service@zoloaudio.com.

Yeah, exactly what ndalby said about the fingers - Jeez some people don’t appreciate help…!

It worked for me taking the mesh off and rubbing it.

Quite annoyed at Zolo forNOT supporting it’s backers out of warranty.

I’d have been happy to have paid a small repair & postage fee rather than to be told, “Sorry warranty expired - buy new ones”