Zolo Liberty+ right bud always charging

Hi. My Liberty+ was working perfectly until recently. The charging case can no longer provide multiple changes. The most I could get is perhaps 2 or 3 before I needed to recharge the case again. I did notice however that the right earbud seems to be always charging when inside the case. After putting both buds back to the case, after a few hours I can see the light on the left bud went off, but the right bud is always on. I suspect it’s always charging thus sucking all the juice from the case.

I’ve turned off Bluetooth, reset the buds, and cleaned the connectors but to no avail. Are there other tricks I can try? Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Try short-circuiting the connectors in the case on the left side with a paper clip this will reset the charging case.

I’m sure you have done this but also make sure the connector on the headphone itself is clean.

How-to reset buds

Short circuit case⬇️ provided directly from Anker technicians
I know it can be a scary thing to do to your expensive headphone case but the case will survive and was designed for occasional accidental short circuits.

5 Likes

Thanks for the tip @Jesse_Hernandez1 Just tried the short circuit method and see how it goes. Will report back.

1 Like

@Jesse_Hernandez1 Aftaid it doesn’t seem to be working. After short circuiting the left side, I charged both the case and the buds overnight to full. Then I used the buds for about an hour, then put them back to the charging case (without cable charging) until the next morning when I used them again.

Repeat that everyday until the 4th day the indicator on the case is no longer lighting up. The LED on both buds aren’t on either so I guess that means they are not charging. So while everytime I only used for an hour, the case only provided 3 charges which is way below the expectation.

I noticed that every morning when I opened the case, the LED on the left bud is off while the right is still on. So I guess that means the problem is still there.

Any suggestions will be great. Thanks.

1 Like

Contact them about warranty replacement

Contact Customer Support: service@zoloaudio.com
inform them if what’s going on, the troubleshooting steps you have taken, provide the order number and serial number to help expedite the process

Call Us

1. United States +1 (800) 988 7973 Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM (PT)
  2. United Kingdom +44 (0) 1604 936 200 Mon-Fri 6AM-11AM (GMT)
  3. Germany +49 (0) 69 9579 7960 Mon-Fri 6:00-11:00
  4. Japan +81 03 4455 7823 Mon-Fri 9:00-17:00

Sorry to hear you’re still having problems I know how frustrating these things can be. Like @elmo41683 already said contact Anker for a replacement you are still well inside the 18th month warranty period. It might take a few e-mails back and forth with support@anker.com but I am fully confident you will receive a replacement.

Please report back your experience with customer service
If you have the time.

Thanks @Jesse_Hernandez1 and @elmo41683. Will do.