Zolo Halo Stops Working with Alexa

Hello community,

I need help … Since 7-8 days, my Zolo Halo stopped working with Alexa. When I disconnect Alexa from Zolo Play and reconnect, it works for few minutes but then it cannot carry out action following Alexa prompt again.

The speaker recognizes the Alexa prompt, beeps waiting for command. Thought it does not confirm for several seconds after even the simplest command while the light swirls continuously. When eventually it beeps again, it does not do anything.

When I check from Alexa app, the Zolo Halo seems to be offline (quite consistent with the speaker behavior).

Re-registering or poweroff/poweron just makes the problem go away for some minutes…

Any ideas?

2 Likes

Honestly you are better off contacting support@zoloaudio.com as they will be best able to help you and also help with warranty if your still covered and the need arrises

2 Likes

Does the problem exist if you use a cable?

1 Like

What are you on about with a cable? The halo is an Alexa enabled speaker itself and is a stand alone device, you would only hook up a cable to it if you wanted to expand it to a better speaker

1 Like

Thanks. That makes more sense…

1 Like

I had 2 ZOLO Halo with Alexa having this same issue. Trust me nothing will work for this issue. This seems like some FW issue that ZOLO support is clueless to solve (any amount of factory or device reset won’t solve this issue).
I got one speaker exchanged for ZOLO Mojo (support refused to exchange the second one since both are free gifts).
The only way you can still continue using it is by doing the following.
In online streaming mode when the speaker pauses - say this “Alexa” and the give command “continue” and it will continue playing.
In playing through ZOLO app just hit play button twice (for pause followed by play) and it will continue playing.

1 Like

Don’t get ya Gert nickers in a twist.

He said about disconnecting and speaker not recognising etc, so easy mistake if you DIDN’T know it’s a smart speaker.

@Ozgur_Yuksel Have you tried it via another speaker tho?

1 Like

Hi,

Since this afternoon all of my Zolo Halo seem to be disconnected from Alexa Services, I have them at work and at home, and the same behaviour on all of them. When I prompt the word “Alexa” it recognizes it and either the light keeps on either it says “I’m having trouble to understand, try again later”… It seems that something is wrong on Anker/Zolo side…

Hope they fix it soon!

1 Like

Hi

No solution, but to add that the same thing has happened to me this morning.
I have echo dots which are working perfectly.

Please fix it soon !

1 Like

So, any help @ankersupport @ankertechnical?

Thanks

1 Like

Mine have stopped answering as of this morning. They both hear me but Alexa doesn’t speak I just get spinning blue lights, occasionally I get the “ I’m having a problem understanding right now please try again later” . My echo dot works fine

2 Likes

Same problem here! Alexa does not work! Please fix it fast!

1 Like

I’ve stopped using my Zolo Halo altogether
Its a piece of crap and a big shame for Anker
When it was new, it was great but after some updates it stopped playing sporadically and you have to ask Alexa to continue playing.
I don’t get this ??? How come Zolo team was not able to fix this issue???

1 Like

My problem is solved! Alexa is back on my Zolo Halo!
Update tonight!

1 Like

Yes! This morning when I woke up I checked, as I do every morning, and it was working again! The new firmware version is 4.2.7514.128 with build date 20191014.

Glad they have updated our devices!!!

2 Likes

Again the same problem! Alexa stops working.