Your Scary Story

Halloween is right around the corner, and we’re busy planning an event for the community! To give us some inspiration, we’d love to hear the scariest story you can think of.

No pictures allowed, let’s do this old school. Who among us is the weaver of ghostly tales and the bringer of nightmares?

I hope you’re packing your PowerCore, Anker fans. You wouldn’t want to be caught dead without a charge.

5 Likes

Seeing me first thing in the morning is a scary story all of it’s own :joy:

1 Like

Me and my best friend were MT bike riding down an old rock quarry. There was an abandon house and two cars left on the property just rusting away. When we made our way down the rocks, we had a choice of going across the yard past the cars to get to the road that leads us to our school or go around the house and follow the quarry road to the woods. We decided we wanted to go past the cars to our school. My friend Tyrone went first and as he got close to the cars one of them started and drove toward blocking his path. Freaked out he came speeding back towards me and as he did the car moved back to the spot it was originally in. When he got to me he was panting and looked like he had seen a ghost, he asked me if I saw what just happened and I told him I did. Now the property and cars were suppose to be abandoned, but we figured one of our oil ther friends was screwing with us. This time we ride out there together and sure enough as we got close one of the cars started and drove out ih n front of us blocking our path. We put our bikes down and start yelling and say il ng whoever is in the car is going to get a beat down. And we shouted this isnt funny, come out whoever you are. When no one came out, we approached the car and yanked open the doors only to find nobody was inside it. Tyrone is now freaking out even more and wants to get out of there, we grab our bikes and just as we start to pedal away the car moves back to it’s original spot and shuts off. We high tailed out of there thoroughly freaked out, we told his uncle what happened and he laughed at us and told us that’s why nobody goes near that old rock quarry because its haunted

5 Likes

One time I ran out of beer. The End​:joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

@Jesse_Hernandez1 :joy::joy:

3 Likes

i got two anker powerbanks 1 6ft microusb cable but i forgot my anker microusb to usb c connector

Power was out for several days due to a :evergreen_tree:. Thankfully I had charged my Powrtbanks.

This is a very old story. I was about 11 or 12, with my older brother and some neighbourhood friends, making compact cassette mix-tapes - remember those? - one evening. For those who remember, it’s a painfully worksome and slow process, as you have to copy songs from one cassette to another in real time - listening to one while recording on the other.

The four of us were at it for the better part of the last three hours, it was almost 10pm, and we were on my neighbour’s porch, using two double-deck cassette stereo players to copy two cassettes at once. Fancy stuff! Well, once a song was copied, we would listen to the beginning, fast forward to the middle, and then to the end, to be sure we got it all. Once the last bit played on the last song we copied, my brother was about to press the stop button so we could start copying another song when we heard some other sound starting right after the song. We were copying to what we called a virgin cassette, a brand new, never used cassette, so there should be nothing after the last copied song. But there was. We let it play. It started very low, we cranked the volume all the way up, until we could distinguish what we were hearing: a compassed drum-like beat, much like the ones we expected to hear on cults gatherings in the early 90s. It went on and on, keeping the beat, two compassed drummings, one long one short, never stopping, never changing. I’m not sure how long we listened to it, but we realized how mesmerized we all were only when the sound of a car passing on the street startled us all, and my brother finally pressed the stop button.

We looked at each other, no one daring to speak first. My brother ejected the cassette, got up, and started walking home with it in his hands. I took my own cassette - the one we would copy songs to next - and followed him. No good nights, no see you tomorrow. A silent agreement that we were all frightened and that was enough for the evening.

It took us a whole week before we could get back to it one weekend, in plain daylight. We listened to the cassette from the beginning, waiting for the last song before the beats, stopped it right as the song ended. For a millisecond, I believe we all wanted to let it keep playing, see if the beats would still be there. But we just copied the next song, came back to check the copy with eager anticipation. The copied song was there, no beats on the background, to everyone’s relief. I don’t believe my brother listened to that particular cassette once after we finished it.

2 Likes

One day…out of nowhere…the internet went out!

2 Likes

Show up here… The end! :joy:

2 Likes

That is a scary story​:scream::ghost: I don’t know what I would do read a book maybe I forget what we did before the internet.

Your people don’t mess around when it comes to beer

:beer::slight_smile::beer:

2 Likes

NEVER! PROSIT! :joy:

2 Likes