Your New Year’s REVOLUTION | Share and WIN

I want to get in better cardio shape and spend more time outdoors preferably camping.

You really need to take care of yourself. :head_bandage:
Especially when your family is depending on you.:hugging:

Indeed, I have been working in that. Just some things take a bit longer. They have been encouraging and we have discussed this and we all agreed we will all get out more and do more ok physical activities as well as more walks and hikes…I can’t run and my wife has had her miniscus repaired in both knees so we have to settle for other low impact activities. But im not not deterred and am fully committed to making this happen this year

1 Like

2018 Resolution for a New Year and New Me
BE ACTIVE:
Stay active year round and not just in spurts. That includes:
Get out and run more. Explore different areas of the city I live in.
Bike! There are great trails all around me.
Stick with it!

SAY YES:
Most importantly…say YES to my kids when they ask to play, go outside, hang out, cuddle, read, do a craft, etc., even though it’s been a super long day at work and all I want to do is lay on the couch, rest a little, and just say “later”. So, to say YES to my kids is my main 2018 goal…but also to keep active. :wink:

2 Likes

This year my goals it´s to visit more place, first traveling all the interesting places near me, and start new adventures like Camping and Hiking…

Category 2: Building a Better Body

My goal for 2018 is to build a better body. I am at an age where that is not meant to be possible but I seem to able to year-on-year get stronger apart from 2017 where for some reason my personal-bests stopped improving, so I’m going to in 2018 try to beat my 2016 personal best times.

For me the benchmark is to bike over a mountain range, is about 70 miles with 6000 ft of climbing and in mid 2016 I managed to do it in 4hr35. From 2008 til before 2016 I averaged 5hr30 then for some reason in 2016 it went down to 5hr15 then 5hr then 4hr35m. I never knew why. I didn’t happen in 2017.

I am suspecting there is some kind of internal mental switch I have to flip to make myself try harder, push, and put up with some pain. Pushing oneself breathless for nearly 5 hours takes a mental effort, the mind thinks about something else (E.g. USB Power Delivery) and the legs slow down and you’re coasting.

I also suspect I can drop some weight - in the past when I did that I weakened, but I am going to explore that option again as if I lug less blubber up 6000ft I’m bound to be faster.

Jan 6th (yesterday) I did it in 5h25m and felt like a failure. Jan 7th today I did it in 4hr56m but it took a real mental effort to keep myself in my body focused and not in the distance on body autopilot. I will try again through 2018 and refuse to accept the notion I am destined to get slower.

Here are some pics from my route.

Some days it is glorious.

Some days I’m being chased by rain - go faster!

“Yeah, I’m looking at you!”

Pacific Ocean - this is roughly the half-way point by here I’ve been biking about 3 hours.

Sweating up a quiet forested road.

In winter it is being chased by dusk.

View of the area from above (dark hills on horizon).

5 Likes

In 2018, I would like to get better prepared for natural disasters and emergencies by having a kit that has backup battery banks and cables so that I can’t always have what I need in my backpack through out this 2018 and the following years.

Looks great and well done @nigelhealy :bicyclist: some beautiful views there. I don’t think I could pedal flat out for 5 hours.

The picture of you shadow looks like you have ET’s basket on your bike :joy:

2 Likes

The views look so great, and so does the weather!

1 Like

I always wanted to start new adventures but keep being held up by things :joy:

Wish you get the motorcycle in 2018, and wish you go wherever you want in the following year :grin:

Say yes and stay active! You can do it!

Category 1: I want to travel more. I want to spend more time outdoors.

This year my family has made a resolution together that we will travel as and spend as much time outdoor as possible through several activities. The plan is to visit Europe and Australia. Also, I love hiking and cycling. I thoroughly enjoyed the hike on crowders mountains and plan to take it a notch higher. Definitely the powercore and powerport solar will be handy at the top of the mountain or during our travel and will help us stay connected with Anker community. :slight_smile:

Reminder everyone this ended yesterday. I don’t know what timezone but Anker has a habit of using PDT, so if that was the timezone then this ended 10 hours ago.

Good luck to the 10 winners. I expect Anker will take a few days to debate and select. Unless its just Louise eeny-meeny-miny-mo of the >100 inputs.

6 Likes

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

1/11/2018 weight is now 162.6 lbs, just under 3 to go. You can find me on Zwift and Strava as I continue my efforts. Picked up a Anker 4 in 1 power strip to keep my tablet running while I ride on the indoor trainer while the snow and cold keep me from getting outside.

1 Like