Your Love Story | Share and WIN The Perfect Gift

A few coworkers wanted to take me out to celebrate me breaking up with my ex-girlfriend.

I was thrilled to be single again and to have that crazy one out of my life. We’re enjoying drinks, having fun! This tall glass of water comes over and we start talking. She works at the same company, so we kept talking about pumpkin beer and the City of Chicago.

We still haven’t stopped talking about our passions. Now we are one of the those passions, 5 years later!

#My Love Story

2 Likes

Does she knows your nickname?

#My Love Story#

When I was in the 11th grade, I had not acted in several years. I had always enjoyed being on stage, but as I grew older, my appearances in front of audiences veered more and more towards the purely musical. As time went on, I simply didn’t have time to both act and play music, so I stuck to the instrumental side of things.

Then, early in the fall semester of my junior year, I saw a poster in the lobby of my high school for that year’s musical. We did one every year, and I always checked it out, but none had really excited me enough to go back into acting.

Well, that is, until now.

There, on a piece of printer paper taped to the painted cinder block wall of the lobby, was a poster for Spamalot.

I immediately signed up for auditions. Give me an opportunity where I am actually encouraged to quote Monty Python and I’ll be there faster than an African OR European Swallow.

Auditions went well, and I was cast as King Arthur! Needless to say, I was thrilled, but I was also a little apprehensive: Who would play the Lady of the Lake? In “Monty Python and the Holy Grail,” the Lady of the Lake simply gives Arthur his sword off-screen, and that’s that. In the play, however, she is a full character, and is in fact the love interest of King Arthur.

I was terrified. I had never kissed a girl before.

I checked the list, and my jaw hit the floor: they had cast my long-time crush as the Lady of the Lake. In the back of my head, I was thinking that maybe my performance on stage would be enough to impress her and get her attention, but now we were going to do it together? And I’d have to kiss her? I couldn’t decide if I was overjoyed or wanted the earth to just swallow me whole.

As we went into rehearsals and started to spend time together, we both realized that we got along rather well. We were both a little shy (odd, I know, seeing as we were playing major roles), and looking back that was probably just because we both had feelings for each other, but we opened up, and by the week of opening night, we were getting along swimmingly.

Opening night came, and I was (obviously) incredibly nervous. We had done stage kisses before, but tonight, I was going to go for the real thing. In front of everyone. The first act came and went, and the show was going great. I was still nervous, but going through the motions with my lines and songs helped me calm down. Finally, in the penultimate scene, just before going into the finale, it was time. King Arthur asks the Lady of the Lake to marry him, and when she says yes, they kiss and walk off stage together. I mustered up all the confidence the performance had given me, and went in for the kiss.

To my surprise, so did she.

As we walked off stage together, we both realized what had just happened, and what this meant. The final number went off without a hitch, and after curtain call, I asked her out. She said yes, and we were together for close to three years. Unfortunately, due to some pretty serious distance in college, we grew apart, but I will always remember her as my first love, and my “plot-of-a-young-adult-novel-come-true” story of getting together.

5 Likes

#MyLoveStory

Anker and everyone, meet Jane (my fiancée)

My love story started 48+ years ago… When I was born.

At 6 months old, my parents placed me in care, due to (quote from my care reports) being a bit of a cry baby, despite slapping, hitting and chucking around, he (me) won’t stop crying.

I then spent the following 16 going through 30 different establishments (foster homes n kids homes n even boarding school, then a secure school for holidays if they couldn’t find a short term foster family for the holidays).

I went a few sessions of abuse from those in charge and even older kids and at 3 from the 18 year old son of a foster family. Good old 70s n early 80s social services!

At 16 was dumped out.of my.last foster home n into a shitty bedsit full of.drinkers and druggies… Guess what happened? Yep

At 17 n 360 days, I was sent to youth prison.
Left there went to a rehab place in Wales for 5 years.

Went back to my old town, and until 2002 at the age 32 I found a woman online n moved to Bristol. After 7 ½ years, she kicked me out… She wasn’t happy I wasn’t working having had a major spinal spasm and was off for 9 weeks.
So, happy 40th for me, alone in as bedsit again and a walking stick from the Dr was my only present!

Then a few years of depression and mental health issues getting worse.

As I was scouring the internet and free dating sites, I found Jane. After a few weeks of texting, we met… 15/09/2015 at 13:00 hrs. We chatted n chatted for 6 hrs, had a few coffees. Date ended with a snog n a grope! Hahaha on a bus stop … Don’t ya dare say I’m not classy hahahaha :astonished:

That was 2 ½ years ago (almost) and I can honestly say, it’s the first time in my life, I am truely loved and fully accepted.

We may struggle with our health n finances, but our love is so strong it don’t matter. We really are each others soulmates. We could almost be twins (if that wasn’t soo wrong!) as we compliment each other so.much, similar taste in food, films, music, TV

I couldn’t live without her, she completes me.

That’s my love story, as brief as I can make it.

8 Likes

Where do I begin to tell the story
Of how great a love can be
The sweet love story that is older than the sea
The simple truth about the love he brings to me
Where do I start

With his first hello
She gave a meaning to this empty world of mine
There’d never be another love another time
She came into my life and made the living fine
She fills my heart
She fills my soul with very special things
With angel songs with wild imaginings
She fill my soul with so much love
That anywhere I go I’m never lonely
With her along who could be lonely
I reach for her hand
It’s always there

How long does it last
Can love be measured by the hours in a day
I have no answers now
But this much I can say
I know I’ll need her till the stars all burn away
And she’ll be there

2 Likes

all they can say is yes or no…

I never had a “love story” because I’m the person who has a lot of crushes. I was always scared to make a move. The only thing I love besides my crushes is food.

1 Like

#my love story# a poem for her

Gazing upon the stardust, the radicles that makes up the milky way on Qixi. By fate, a time-laspe, transcending their love in the most marvel meeting between Orihime and Hirotoshi. As a click of a shutter, a shooting star, the wait of a lunar cycle resets. Like them, my feelings are eternally preserved, resistant to all elements of aging and time. Like them, my feelings are unconstrained by dimensions and is unbound to all realm of physics. Merci to all that you are to me. I been blessed.

2 Likes

My wife knows everything! Very difficult to hide something.
:sweat:

1 Like

Most guys are like you I think. I used to regret not asking out some ladies I had a crush on. As I grew older I adopted a who cares attitude about it. You would be surprised how many dates you can get by just saying hi and asking if they want to go to lunch or get a drink or whatever.
Im no brad pitt and I’ve dated some real knockouts just by saying hi. Guys are intimidated by pretty woman and a lot of the women tell me they hardly get asked out or if they do its with some cheezy pickup lines which they decline.
Your ratio might be 10 no’s to 1 yes, but who cares, it only takes the 1

4 Likes

I am (on the outside) a very cocky loud, some have even said a slightly abrasive personality (yes I know not a compliment)

Yet, I’ve struggled all my life with confidence with women. I can have them as friends quite happily and fancy the arse off them, but yet still, I can’t just ask out.

Perhaps if I had, life may have turned out differently.

I always knew tho, from a young age, that one day, I would find the right person to share my life with.

I have had only 3 proper relationships as an adult and my fiancée Jane, is the 3rd person. I didn’t meet her til I was 46 and I tell you no lie when I say… It was worth the wait. Not saying it was worth the pain, and the sometimes extreme loneliness I felt, but I knew, just knew, she was out there!

Don’t stress about finding the right one, she is looking too and eventually you’ll meet. When you do, you won’t hesitate to ask her out and… You won’t even feel nervous about it… Trust this.old bugger

#My Love Story#

After about a year of dating my wife, I knew she was the one for me. I picked out a place where I would propose to her, created a booklet with stick figures of me thinking about her and the last page was a stick figure of me proposing to her. At the botanical garden, I took her to a private spot away from the crowds, sat her down, and gave her the booklet. I told her that I made it and that she’ll get a kick out of my artistic skills. She flipped through it, smiling more and more as she flipped the pages. When she got to the end, I got down on my knees, pulled out the ring box and proposed to her. She cried. I hugged her. We got married.

6 Likes

#MyLoveStory

Once upon a time there was this 21 years old girl just passing through life, she was going through a tough time due to health problems, she felt lost, lonely and like she didn’t belong.
She had lost her previous boyfriend as he sadly passed away at 20 years old with a heart attack and since then her world fell apart and the worst thing was she wasn’t getting support from anywhere.
2 years later after she lost the one she loved dearly she was now fighting to get through some health issues and this sweet, caring, loving and cute boy started talking to her after her best friend had let him down and she began to always be there for him.
He slowly started falling in love with her and she started to have feelings for him but was too scared to imagen being with someone else as she didn’t want to suffer anymore.
They spoke with each other for months, unfortunately the worst was yet to come in her life, a few months later her mum got taken into hospital, swapped from one hospital to another, put in an inducted coma so the doctors could figure out what she had in her head.
Her mum stayed in hospital for about 1 month, she had to spend her birthday with her mum in hospital. A few weeks later after a biopsy her mum got diagnosed with a stage 4 cancer which meant she wasn’t going to last very long.
Through all that, the boy was always there talking to her, trying to keep her positive, trying to support her even when she was pushing everyone way. Even being in a different country from where she was it was like he was always by her side.
She lost her mom a few weeks later, a pain that can’t be described, an empty space that will never be able to be fulfilled but she still had that boy that all he wanted was her.
He told her how much he loved her and she knew how strong he made her and that he was her dream boy so when she finally felt ready they started dating and he even left everything to come and live with her.
Up until today they are still together wanting to spend the rest of their entire life’s together, she finally found someone to help her to be strong, to support her, someone that really loves her and only has eyes for her, but most of all after everything she went through he has given her a whole new purpose in her life. A reason to carry on.

When life seems useless, hopeless, and gives you everything to give up remember when you least expect it there’s someone or something that comes to help you get up.

:heart:

P.S This is a true story, my story.

2 Likes

She is so energetic every day! You are fascinated by her.:laughing:

1 Like

Everything will be alright!:heart:

1 Like

The actress and actor fall in love, it sounds very romantic!

1 Like

Anyone needs to be cherished.:hugging:

1 Like

She should read your poem! So beautiful!:bouquet:

1 Like

Your proposal is very creative!:smile:

1 Like

Good luck everyone